blue tooth phone problems

crdouger

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 & 06 jetta TDI's
Recently bought a 2012 passat and on the drive home hookedup my phone via bluetooth to play music and take calls. It synced easily without any problems. A few days later I decided that I didn't want it connected, so I disconnected it. Now I want to hook it up again, but I'm having trouble. My phone sees a device called "VW" and my MFD sees my phone. When I try to connect the two a screen on my phone pops up asking for the PIN that my car is supposed to provide...but my car never does. Eventually it times out after about 20 seconds. I've tried probably 30 times and even had my high school son try, but it won't connect or provide the pin.

Any advice?
Thanks.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Don't know about the 2012 but my 2015 when a new synch is attempted, I get the same message and usually on the phone a number pops up and you just click on accept or something similar.

jck66

Top Post Dawg
TDI
12 Passat SE / 14 BMW 535d
I never had your exact issue, but I have a 2012 SE without navi and the BT drives me crazy. Sometimes I have to connect a second device (e.g. an ipad or my wife's phone), delete my phone, then start the bluetooth connection process from scratch. Usually this works. I have to do this a few times each year.

IIRC the pin is always "0000" or "1111".

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
have the phone forget the VW and then try repairing again.

crdouger

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 & 06 jetta TDI's
I did have my phone forget the vw, but that didn't help. BUT! I did enter a password of 0000 and then it connected just fine. I'm guessing the car was waiting for that code, but for some reason wasn't showing it to me on the MFD. Thanks JCK66!