2nd hpfp failure at 120k need new injectors! where to buy

06dieselpower

TDI
09 CR tdi dsg, 06 CR cummins, 96 P pump cummins, 90 VE cummins, 6.2 k5, and last but not least 81 isuzu pup diesel
Almost as soon as I bought the car just out of warranty at 60 before it got to 70k I started having rail pressure issues and took it to one of the trusted tdi mechanics on the list and they did the hpfp job and cleaning. And now at 120k it just shut off all together and had lots of metal and rusty water in filter canister. So the first pump cost me $695 from my local bosch shop now this new one is a new number that supercedes the old and is $1200 well I drop injectors off to hopefully get disassemble and cleaned, 3 failed the leak test one passed but failed miserably on return flow and since they are piezoelectric and not solenoid bosch want give them the parts and approval to service them just replace with new bosch no core ones at $300 ea. Which for new bosch doesn't sound that bad but geeze that's getting my pocket hard. Any suggestions? I know that is a lot of background just for a simple question but thought I would share

vanbcguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'93 Passat - AHU mTDI with GTB1756VK
The water in your fuel is what killed it. These pumps are lubricated by diesel, water is about as bad as sand. It acts like an abrasive and will destroy the pump in short order.

You're getting fuel from somewhere that has bad tanks - don't fill up there any more! Water in the fuel is a massive problem. Make sure you get your tank drained and cleaned too, if there is water left in it you're just going to trash another pump. Algae will be the other thing to worry about, there's a nasty type that lives in wet diesel. Hopefully your tank isn't infected.

06dieselpower

TDI
09 CR tdi dsg, 06 CR cummins, 96 P pump cummins, 90 VE cummins, 6.2 k5, and last but not least 81 isuzu pup diesel
Tank and lines have already been cleaned but I would assume new injectors will come with flow ratings that will need to be programmed in?

06dieselpower

TDI
found these for less than 200 ea is there any reason to be afraid of these?