Have hpfp issues been corrected in MKVI Golf TDI?

DEEZINEZ

TDI
2014 golf
Hello I just subscribed to this awesome site that I've been following for years. Thanks to all that have supplied great info over the years. I have had vw's since my younger days and I still share a true passion for them.
One of my toys is a 2014 Golf TDI. I was wondering if Bosch solved or modified the hpfp in this year's model. I searched online everywhere but can't seem to find the answer. I've also asked the dealer but you know how that goes! I was hoping one of you knowledgeable guys could help me out with this question. Also, do you think that the failures really happened due to poor diesel quality in the states or was it a design flaw? I thank you all again and am looking forward to contributing to this forum.

Btw the reason I'm concerned is because I just hit 60k miles (I know it's still covered under warranty) but if I can avoid the headache I will just do a cp3 retrofit.

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
This topic has been discussed to death here.

There were some internal coating changes along the way by Bosch.

If you are worried, retrofit a CP3 or run a quality lubricity additive in every tank.

DEEZINEZ

TDI
2014 golf
Thanks

Thank you to all that PM'd me in regards to my question. I both appreciate and value all of your advice.