Seat adjustment

Sher

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
Hello Everyone

I used to have a Mk4 TDI ( got into a car accident) now have a bad lower back.

The problem is i bought 06 Jetta TDI SE (5spd) with that fake leather interior. And now i cant get the seat adjustment right.. AND MY BACK IS KILLING ME.. I looked at the seat and thigh region is higher than butt area where the seat joins the backrest. I have tried the lumbar support ( pushed it in and out) and hight adjustment but nothing ..

Any ideas?

thanks

Sher

Last edited:

Soul777Toast

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Hey, try the lever on the side of the seat (the one that looks like tha seatback adjustment on most cars). This will raise/lower/change the angle of the seat, and you should be able to bring the back of the seat higher than the front. BTW, it's not just a one pull deal, you have to repeatedly pull or push it to make adjustments.

Sher

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
I have tried that height adjustment handle, but still no luck..

I like the car but this seat sux....:mad:

JoeKC

TDI
none yet
I've only had my A5 for 4,443 miles (6 weeks) but I immediately realized that I don't like the geometry of the front seats (mainly the pitch). To me, it feels like the rear adjusts more than the front and the front is a little too low. I'm still not able to find a comfortable position without my knee knocking on the pseudo-handle on the console. I might try shimming the front seat carrier bolts by 1/4 or 1/2 inch and seeing if that helps. Funny, I don't recall the A4s giving me any comfort problems when I test drove them.

docvb

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI north sea green, bone stock and loving it!
agree that the lower seat cushion pitch is not comfortable. and not independantly adjustable.

I note the lower cushion pitches more forward as the seat is jacked up/higher.

My tastes would be for the seat bottom to be pitched a bit more forward.

10then34

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta
If you have some money to burn, get one of these:

http://www.recaro.com/index.php?id=3689&region=3&L=2

You can get different seat bases for all the import cars and take the seat with you when you get a new vehicle.

I am 6'3'' and very comfortable with the OEM seat. It does change its pitch with height adjustment. I can imagine that it doesn't work for someone with a different ratio of leg-length to upper body length.