Malone Stage 3

Atebitz

TDI
2003 Golf GL
Another Happy Customer :cool:

I haven't seen anything written up specifically regarding the Malone Stage 3 for the VE. I will cut to the chase; it is awesome!
I have a 2003 golf, with PP520's, upgraded clutch & flywheel, and a mufflerectomy. My mechanic and good friend, Losha on these forums, recently invested in the tools necessary to flash Malone tunes. I went with the stage 3, and also had the dynamic idle and EGR added. Wow, what a difference! Power wise, everything is very smooth, but it honestly feels like twice the car. My "all/no season" tires are garbage, but they easily break loose when I roll on "go pedal" in second gear. That is new.:D Every gear pulls hard, and the delivery is strong and linear. I also barely smoke at all now. Even with the proper IQ, I was smoking like a freight train prior to the tune.

The dynamic idle & EGR is a welcome feature, and I am bit excited for winter to see if I notice any difference in my warmup during my daily commute. The first half of my commute is mostly stop and go driving under 25MPH.

I couldn't be any happier with the outcome. I owe a big thanks to Losha and Mark at Malone Tuning. Losha has helped me get my car sorted over the last few years. I would not have gotten this far with out him. Mark delivers a top-notch product and service.

Thanks Guys!

Last edited: