New 2011 Golf TDI

mcleanclan01

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Just picked up my new Golf TDI on Monday. I'm excited to be back in the group of nerds again. I previously had a 2005.5 Jetta TDI so the TDI's not new to me but I can certainly say that VW's come a long way in the refinement department from the 05 Jetta to the 11 Golf. Wow. A really superb car, and this is me commenting after coming from a 2001 BMW 330Xi, which is also awesome (just expensive to fix, and not great on the premium gas).

I do have a question for those of you in Northern climates like me (MN). Is there a plug in option I can add so the diesel is not as difficult to start in the winter? I never had that for my Jetta and it was the worst to start below 0F.

Again, I'm glad to be back. Really happy with the car.

Paid $25,350 (+tax, registration). TDI, DSG, Grey, Moonroof, Audio, Cold Weather, Mats and probably some other minor things I'm forgetting. Not sure why they list cloth seats as a no cost "accessory", what else would there be?

BTW, this car has way more power then my Jetta ever did. I knew that from the specs, but getting behind the wheel makes all the difference.

vw_leadfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagen
Canadian cars like mine have the block heater option installed and the detachable cord plugs into the area just beside the drivers fog light so you could likely install one. Not sure if someone here has tried it yet.

PS post some pics...bragging about a new ride w/o pics is lame :)

JZoidberg

Veteran Member
TDI
11 Golf
Congrats. Good price as well.

I'd probably like to know if the the block heater is needed since I'm in MN as well.

lethe

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
I don't have a block heater and it started with no issues this past winter. Coldest morning I saw was -14 I think and I was surprised the glow plug light only stayed on perhaps 5 seconds.You guys can get a bit colder over that way though.