What is this part and where can I find it?

imported_Fletch

TDI
2000 Red New Beetle
If you look closely, you can see where the front piece on the bottom is broken. Does anyone know if this is a seperate piece from the rest of the front? I can't seem to find the answer or a place to buy just that piece. I thought someone may have had this experience in the past. Thanks.

BoosTDIt

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last NA 2dr 5sp
LOL

Batman and Superman

Sorry couldn't resist.

Try posting this in the Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)
section...people look there quite often..might get you better answer.

But to me it looks like its a separate part cause i think i've seen those often in the bare unpainted black plastic..

MRIBOB

Veteran Member
TDI
None- Jetta-0 - Mexico 1
Hey, why not put a " I " on it and call it

The "Increda-TDI"

And on the License Plate put "Frozen Zone" South Dakota"

and bumper sticker says " Woman, where is my Bio Diesel Super suit?"

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
If you take a close look at the photo you'll see that the poster's got a whole theme going on with the matching seatcovers and who-knows what else. I like the idea of the "Incredibles" theme! lol

Y2KBuggy

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 2005, gray; 2000, yellow
AFAIK, it is a separate part... but somewhat pricey... I think I priced one at the dealership about 4 1/2 years ago when a rock/chunk of metal came across the median at a very high rate of speed and caused quite the "clang."
Only cosmetic damage (whew--lucky!)
, but I still have it taped with electrical tape.

gt

Veteran Member
The outside grill is about 65.00 The plastic mesh is about 45.00 The outer grill comes in white only, you have to have it painted. Red is higher than most colors. Good Luck. gt

imported_Fletch

TDI
2000 Red New Beetle
That's cheaper than I thought it might be. However, it is not gonna be red. The outside will be Superman Blue and the mesh will be yellow. It may sound ugly and it may LOOK ugly. But that is how it is going to be. Thnaks for all the replies.