2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI (MK6)

Dwagen

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 VW Jetta GLS TDI; 2013 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI
About two months ago, I totaled my 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i so I was looking for a new ride. I test drove a silver 2015 Golf Sportwagen w/120k miles and red 2013 Jetta Sportwagen w/69k miles but was unsatisfied with both. Too much cosmetic damage.

Then I test drove my Candy White 2013 JSW TDI w/68k miles (DSG) and fell absolutely in love with it. The exterior and interior were pretty close to flawless, and it came loaded in options (i.e. panoramic sunroof, push-button start, navigation). Yes, some minor imperfections existed such as minor curb rash and two missing HVAC vent tabs, but I could live with that.

I negotiated the dealer to an out-the-door price of $10,500. I considered myself to have gotten a sweet deal.

Honeymoons don't last forever, you know.

During some pretty heavy rain, I accelerated and water dumped from the ceiling all over me. Apparently the leaking panoramic sunroof is a really common problem on Volkswagens. I took the interior apart, dried up all the water sitting under the carpeting as best as I could, and blew compressed air through the drain tubes. I'm expecting this to be normal maintenance :(

Anyway, here are some pictures of when I first got it...

Last edited:

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
I put 50,000 miles on a 2013 JSW TDI 6M.
I regret your surprise shower.
(and trust your after action (compressed air flush of tubes) obviates another shower.

I recall the wagon's space, fuel economy and TORQUE with great pleasure.

Happy trails,

ez

Dwagen

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 VW Jetta GLS TDI; 2013 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI
I put 50,000 miles on a 2013 JSW TDI 6M.
I regret your surprise shower.
(and trust your after action (compressed air flush of tubes) obviates another shower.
I recall the wagon's space, fuel economy and TORQUE with great pleasure.
Happy trails,
ez
Nice! Yes, I too love the space, fuel economy, and torque. The Outback might’ve had a little bit more space, but the latter two perks I never had with my Outback.

Thank you!