So many sticky threads

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
I've added polls to some of the stickies because they are long in the tooth and don't get checked often. The more stickies there are...well it just pollutes and clutters the screen, IMO. I'd like to only keep the 'handy reference guide' type stickies, and I'd prefer that threads of the 'where the cheap biodiesel is" variety not clutter up the forum space. My thinking is that for those who think it's important, they already are subscribed to those threads, but the rest of us don't care.

So, please vote on the polls in this section and also the fuels and lubricants section. Need your input on how to clean up the excessive stickies.

--Mod

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Group the stickies under the topic's own 'Answers to FAQ about .... (A4, alternative fuels, GTG's, whatever that forum collects).
I agree there are too many, and my name is on at least one as the instigator / author!

T'sTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
In my opinion... you could get rid of the biodiesel information tab and biodiesel price poll, but thats just me. Who cares if you can buy biodiesel on the west coast for X amount if I live on the east coast... etc..etc..

As far as biodiesel information goes, I believe there is plenty on the internet where you can find information on how to make it, chemical supply locations, methanol supply locations etc..etc.. In fact, there's an entire forum dedicated to its use and making.

Obviously I am biased towards WVO, but I think the WVO threads above have limited the newbie type WVO questions and consequentially, prevented a lot of pissing contests on this forum. Things have been rather quite (and Nick I'm sure your well aware of what I'm talking about). Not only are both high quality references (the best that I know of on the internet compiled together) I think they have weeded out the people that are serious about WVO versus maybe those on the fence.

Since making that guide, I have had many PM's from people asking further detailed questions. This has saved the re-creation of new threads asking the same "beating a dead horse" type topics. It also has saved the random postings from people that just want to get in on the "WVO argument" so to speak... Soap box, angry fingers on the keyboard... etc... etc.. Just my two cents...