New to the 800 Mile Club !!!

TDI J'ta

Veteran Member
TDI
2K1 Blk Jetta GLS 5-spd
Hi all,

Finally joined the 800 mile club on the weekend with my untouched 2K1 Jetta, 5 sp, with just over 20K total miles!

839 miles / 15.12 gal = 55.49 MPG (vented)
(daily commute consists of 95% hwy driving)

The warning light came on at 790 miles and started thinking I should have aprox. 1.5 gal reserve so why not shoot for the 900 mile club, but unfortunately I knew the rest of my drive for the weekend would consist only of stop & go surface street driving rather than hwy and then finally chickened-out and refueled at 839 mi.

I guess the little 1.9L is finally getting broken in.

DieselDude

I made it before I chipped, 800.5 miles.

Last week after a hot 500 mile run, the low indicator light came on at 720, timing made me fill at 774, for 48 mpg. Cruise set at 80+, A/C on, with short bursts of joy/speed when passing was needed/required. I was worried with the performance mods I would never see 800 again, now I know it is possible, if I can keep my right foot out of it!

TDI J'ta

Veteran Member
TDI
2K1 Blk Jetta GLS 5-spd
DTY- lighten your load to get more miles. Leave the ammo at home.

VF- 1.9 gal huh...should have tried for the 900 mi, which I see you have achieved before.

DD- You can do it! Chipped & cruise set at 80+, not bad. During my 839 mi tank, the cruise was set at 60 to 65 and this was absolutely "mind-numbing" and I could have easily started nodding-off.