Radio no power!

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
Just got my Golf back after being in body shop for 2 months and everything is great except radio has zero power? The owners manual doesn’t list a dedicated radio fuse? Inspected most fuses and all seem fine. Which fuse powers radio? 12 v socket has power as does everything else? Car had ft left damage from collision with deer so battery was removed and replaced. Where is THE RADIO fuse? Thanks guys.

BuckeyeMan71

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta wagon

Plus there’s a 10amp fuse on the back of the radio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BuckeyeMan71

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta wagon
Then you have to pull radio out. Mine did same thing

BuckeyeMan71

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta wagon
There should be a 10amp fuse on the right side of the radio

BuckeyeMan71

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta wagon
You have to get these little pins to release it. YouTube it

Louie710

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta sedan 2002 Jetta wagon
Is the 10amp fuse near the antennae connection?
Yes once you pull out the radio and look on the back you cant miss it. I have a similar issue going on. My radio will die and not turn on at random sometimes without blowing a fuse. I just unplug it, plug it back in, and it works fine again.

MORTAMIR

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV GOLF 05 BEW, DURAMAX LBZ, X5 35D
Yes once you pull out the radio and look on the back you cant miss it. I have a similar issue going on. My radio will die and not turn on at random sometimes without blowing a fuse. I just unplug it, plug it back in, and it works fine again.
Just curious. Do you have LED headlamps now/before?

TheBigE

TDI
2006 Jetta wagon automatic Previously: 2002 Jetta Automatic
I have absolutely no idea why this works but three or four times with my 2002 jetta and 2006 jetta wagon I have pulled the 42 fuse out for a few seconds, put it back in and it works fine. The fuse doesn't blow but it must reset something. And maybe since the radio always has power this cutting of the power does the job despite the key being turned off when it shuts off automatically. Did you test the fuse in place or pull it out? Louie710 does the same thing by unplugging the radio from behind.