The Evry mod how to.

coupe 87

TDI
Audi 1Z
just reviving this thread as not to start a new one,
but have a question (1z motor audi so i have the 7 pin round connector)

do i still tap into wires 2 and 3 even on my 7 pin?

and i see some people use a resistor with no potentiometer,
can i just use a pot and no resistor?

8v-of-fury

TDI
2001 Jetta ALH 5spd
Can we get a 9 year revival!?

I assume there was pictures and junk that no longer exist from the beginning of this thread. I fully understand the consequences of more fuel/boost on a diesel. I have an EGT gauge, so don't worry.

JUST NEED TO KNOW HOW TO DO THIS :)

BustedBolts

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 and 2002 Golf's
No, it really isn't. Its just an old school way of making more power. Are you one of the believers a tune magically does something different? Lolol

Yes. A tune actually does it differently. And in a much better way. A tune recalibrates the injection timing and boost control and vane position. Evrymod just tricks the ecu into moving the quantifier arm into a higher position. It does not adjust the injection timing to account for the higher injection quantity and thus you get higher egt than a proper tune.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Evry mod is one of the worst $2 you can spend, usually causing more damage.
Even done right or wrong, it makes no difference.
Turbo surging will kill your turbo. You have an egt gauge? Good. How are you going to install it? Either have it trigger the brake to defuel the engine (you must use an auber gauge to do so as they have built in relays)

Just get a tune
Of better nozzles

Evry mod was made because it was fun to screw with these engines at the time when tunes cost $1000. Now there only a few hundred bucks.

Dont waste your time. And dont come to us when you have issues and the engineisnt running right after you beat it up.

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
Ok so what do the mod, then just blow black smoke and make a tiny bit more power. So useless and not good for the engine. Your car, do what you want. Dumb idea in the end. Do it right with a tune.

I get so throttled when I see these old thread about the evry mod or cold air intakes...it’s like brain dead Honda kids crossed over and try to think they know it all.

Sorry all just had to vent it out.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Ok so what do the mod, then just blow black smoke and make a tiny bit more power. So useless and not good for the engine. Your car, do what you want. Dumb idea in the end. Do it right with a tune.

I get so throttled when I see these old thread about the evry mod or cold air intakes...it’s like brain dead Honda kids crossed over and try to think they know it all.

Sorry all just had to vent it out.
Please.
We actually need more posts like this.
So many back in the day posts promoting such a clever mod. But now we know better and need to keep the word out.

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
you probably dont actually want to "roll smoke" it increases egt and could cause over boost, either one of which could put you on the way to a replacement turbo rather quick.

you could just get injectors and a tune.
ditch the evry and you would have more power and a safer setup...
were talking about $700 in upgrades. cheaper than a new turbo.

people are chopping wires off because they dont know what their even trying to do, while others are popping turbos. All this and the evry mod hasnt been placed on the banned subject list yet. Meanwhile rokkor coilovers are "junk" and K&N air filters are taboo(rightly so in my opinion)

What gives mods?
the EVRY mod 'could' be a decent mod for people with a decent knowledge on the subject, who have built a robust setup including a bigger turbo, exhaust, and proper gauges to monitor the heat, and boost effects.

Instead it is STILL being promoted as a safe alternative to a basic tune or nozzles. which either one could easily be acquired for $300.

i thought TDI club was all about doing things the RIGHT way THE FIRST time.

Ban the EVRY already
OK, so ban everything that can damage one of these beasts. Everything.

Just in case you have not figured it out yet, that is going to leave us stock...except for starting them can wreck them. So can putting a timing belt in properly. Make sure you ban that too.
cheers,
Douglas

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
OK, so ban everything that can damage one of these beasts. Everything.
Just in case you have not figured it out yet, that is going to leave us stock...except for starting them can wreck them. So can putting a timing belt in properly. Make sure you ban that too.
cheers,
Douglas
DUDE.....
that post was 10 years ago, made by a member who does actually know a thing or 2, who has not been active for like 6 years. 08-04-14 was his last activity log in.

do you not know how to use the forums? you can click on a member and see the profile, that will show you if they are active, there is a thing called a date at each post.

as to what your saying? calm down.

i agree 90% with what he stated, other than the ban, there should be a sticky at the top of this performance forum page about " ways to cheaply destroy your car"
Evry mod is horrible

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
Proven stupidity is proven stupidity. Everyone has their right to do to what they want to their car. Still Dosent negate the fact of doing something stupid for .05 gain over stock. We can all go rounds about this and get the thread locked like it should be.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I don't want threads like these locked, they are the ideal newb trap!
I kinda get off when i see a newb post a oil thread or a air filter thread, but i really get turned on when i see an EVRY thread get revived. DIAMONDS

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
It basically tricks the ecu into thinking the motor is starving of fuel. thus over fueling. many many threads on the mod. It's totally over written about, lots of how to's and beware's (aka how to wreck an engine for $3). I'd research and learn all the angle's before doing this to your car.

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat B4V, ALH engine out of a 2002 Jetta, some IE Rods and ASV Pistons. Nothing drivable yet though
It seems like rusty golf is searching for every possible means of trying to squeeze power out of his TDI in every wrong way possible. Dude, save the money, spend $300 and get a proper tune, please stop fishing for crap ways to unreliably get more power from your car. Fix everything wrong with it first and get it reliable, then talk to one of the several tuners on here and do it right.

rusty golf

TDI
bew
It seems like rusty golf is searching for every possible means of trying to squeeze power out of his TDI in every wrong way possible. Dude, save the money, spend $300 and get a proper tune, please stop fishing for crap ways to unreliably get more power from your car. Fix everything wrong with it first and get it reliable, then talk to one of the several tuners on here and do it right.
Got the cash just doing some question asking before going with a tune running it stock now no resistor on tge fuel temp was a fun rip but knew there had to be a catch or everyone would be splicing in a 20 cent resistor insted of a 300+tune did intake cleaning and egr deleat and egt gauge gonna do the belt and watter pump next then see about a tune

rusty golf

TDI
bew
It basically tricks the ecu into thinking the motor is starving of fuel. thus over fueling. many many threads on the mod. It's totally over written about, lots of how to's and beware's (aka how to wreck an engine for $3). I'd research and learn all the angle's before doing this to your car.
Gonna do the belt and watter pump then see about a stage 2 tune the coments ive been reading have steered me away from the resistor hacks

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
Got the cash just doing some question asking before going with a tune running it stock now no resistor on tge fuel temp was a fun rip but knew there had to be a catch or everyone would be splicing in a 20 cent resistor insted of a 300+tune did intake cleaning and egr deleat and egt gauge gonna do the belt and watter pump next then see about a tune
ya, theres a reason. tho i haven't tried it myself. its the "$500 until it dies clunker tdi" mod. That way when it goes your like oh well that was fun!

i have a stage 3 tune and love it! if you have a manual you will need an upgraded clutch. do plenty of research, i researched for over a year before going ahead with my build plan (might have been a bit overkill, but im very happy)

jayb79

Top Post Dawg
I have done the evry mod and the biggest problem I had was keeping the resistor at the correct level to be safe. Once you get a taste of the power you want more and just keep changing the resistance until something breaks. It's a low cost way to get a small amount of power just resist the temptation to get more and you won't have a problem. Ya good luck with that!

DukatiW

TDI
2003 1.9 ALH
I can't believe there isn't more clear information on this, i spent about an hour searching and ended up doing it the logical way to me (knowing basic electronics).

The mod really is simple, hopefully this clears up any confusion from the many other threads because i was indeed confused with them until i thought for a while on it.

This shows exactly where the injector harness is and what part of the wires to splice (though either side of the plug will work, this side is more accessible). Wires 2 and 3 are connected with a 1k (what i used) resistor. Wire 2 is the first pin on one side of the harness, pin 3 is second from the other side. The wires are labeled on the harness (which is awesome).

Here's the wiring, i personally cut the wires, put the resistor wiring in there and twisted it all back together and electrical taped it up. Basically you take the wires apart, splice them back together, but add the resistor's wiring.

For "tuning". You turn the resistance down until the motor starts idling rough, then turn it back up until it smooths. I played it safe and went to smooth and turned a bit more.

And the disclaimer part, you **** up your car, not me, i'm not liable for damages. :D

Any questions will be happily answered.
So do I use a rheostat or a potentiometer? I’m still a little confused on that part. Thanks.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
So do I use a rheostat or a potentiometer? I’m still a little confused on that part. Thanks.
Dont. This mod is actually really bad. Horible for mpg, power is unreliable and piss poor, damages things from surging and boost spikes.
For about 100 bucks you can do 100 times better than the crappy 2 decade old evry mod.
Please read up on this. It's not good and you will pay for it in the end

SwissJeepNerd

TDI
Jeep Wrangler Diesel
I can't believe there isn't more clear information on this, i spent about an hour searching and ended up doing it the logical way to me (knowing basic electronics).

The mod really is simple, hopefully this clears up any confusion from the many other threads because i was indeed confused with them until i thought for a while on it.

This shows exactly where the injector harness is and what part of the wires to splice (though either side of the plug will work, this side is more accessible). Wires 2 and 3 are connected with a 1k (what i used) resistor. Wire 2 is the first pin on one side of the harness, pin 3 is second from the other side. The wires are labeled on the harness (which is awesome).

Here's the wiring, i personally cut the wires, put the resistor wiring in there and twisted it all back together and electrical taped it up. Basically you take the wires apart, splice them back together, but add the resistor's wiring.

For "tuning". You turn the resistance down until the motor starts idling rough, then turn it back up until it smooths. I played it safe and went to smooth and turned a bit more.

And the disclaimer part, you **** up your car, not me, i'm not liable for damages. :D

Any questions will be happily answered.
Dang thats awesome but stupid question. Does this work on a 2007 Jepp Wrangler Diesel?
it would be funny though XD