PD injector difference question

sunfire

TDI
Skoda Superb mk1 (Passat B5.5)
Hi folks,

Does anybody know if there are any differences between 038130073 AR and 038130075 AG injectors except nozzle ? I know the AR is for 130hp and the AG is for 100hp (most likely due to nozzle size and emissions rating) but are there any other differences ?

The background of my question is that when I had all the nozzles on my injectors replaced with Bosio PowerPlus 1043 the tuner who did the nozzle replacements showed me that I had 3x AR injectors and 1x AG injector (bad mechanic who replaced that one injector with the wrong one on a previous job). Since I had all the injectors out and the plan all along was to replace all the nozzles I asked the tuner if I should replace that AG injector with another AR injector before replacing the nozzles. The tuner said that's not required and all injectors will work fine after all the nozzles will be replaced. Nozzles replaced, engine worked a lot better than before but over the winter I saw that cold starts (especially in low temperatures) are not as smooth as they used to be : the engine starts with lots of black smoke but only for less than a second, the idle is a bit rough but it smooths out in a few seconds. This only happens on cold starts after sitting for a long time (over the night for example). Hot starts work perfectly. Cold starts also work perfectly if the weather is warmish (higher than 9-10 degrees Celsius), still a bit of rough idle but it smooths out very quick.

The ECU is still running the original maps, the only mod was to disable EGR in the software. Actually this might explain the cold starts in cold temperature I believe ? When the engine is stone cold the ECU will overfuel the cylinders to help with the start, but given that the Bosio nozzles flow a decent amount of fuel over what the ECU thinks it's being delivered that might explain the black smoke which quickly dissipates in less than a second and the rough idle (after the ECU "sees" how the engine performs once started).

Back to my original question : are there any differences between 038130073 AR and 038130073 AG injectors except nozzles ? Is it ok if I run 3x AR and 1x AG injectors with Bozio PowerPlus 1043 nozzles and stock ECU maps ?

Thank you very much for the feedback and sorry for the long post

PS: the engine is an AWX, made in 2002, everything on the car is stock except a Valeo SMF clutch.
PPS: all the injectors seem to be working fine in group 13 (all of them are at max +/- 0.26).

Last edited:

mirrco

TDI
1.9 TDI PD ASZ Firrad160 gtd2260vklr MFS
I thing :
AL is 550cc
AR is 530cc
AG is 425cc

I have firad 160, but for starting engine I use original map, I modify only SOI

Last edited: