Trailer Hitches Prices Going DOWN

sandmansans

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta
As far as I know none except for some that ID parts modified have them.
I welded the second on on the left side.
I found that the adapter links made it easier to hook up the safety chains and I leave them through the rings on the hitch so they are already there when I need them.
It gets kinda tight with the chain hooks with latches that I use on my trailer.
Makes sense. I imported mine from PF.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

hamilgs

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta & 2014 JSW 6MT
I have the Curt hitch for sale if anyone might be interested, it hangs a bit low for my driveway. I'm at 35801 zipcode

immbelgique

TDI
Jetta
Can I get a clarification which 13 pin westfalia module I need for LHD NAR 2014 Jetta

-this is false, it depends on what system you purchased. If memory serves me correct you purchased an Eric jaeger module. If you purchase the westfalia module, the module will in fact take NAR settings. Several people have and can confirm this.
-also false this was in your case most likely due to the module that you purchased. If you buy the actual oe module made by westfalia, there are no diodes needed. It is completely 100% plug and play system. No converter is needed with the oe westfalia trailer module.
That is not the case with the westfalia module as I used and so did GJAS18. There are no additional diodes needed and it DOES work for the NAR Jetta with no additional diodes etc.
You only have to make sure that
1.you purchase the genuine westfalia tow module. Both GJAS18 and myself purchased ours from pfjones.
2.you make sure that you specify to pfjones that you are purchasing the LHD, not RHD version of the module to ensure compatability with the NAR region cars.
3. If your trailer has led lights or if you're planning on upgrading your trailer to led, you have to make sure you're selecting the correct westfalia module that supports it. They have 2, one that supports led and the other thay does not. Both will work with the trailer, but if you purchase the module that doesn't support led you will constantly have the bulb out indicator lamp on the dash on.
Make sure you purchase the 13 pin version. It is a more robust system and supports more options, such as a dedicated 12v to charge a second battery etc. It also allows for an easier install of electric brakes if u go that route.
As I mentioned before, I would purchase it from PFJONES. Both myself and gjas18 did so and had no problems with our systems. Others, including red , purchased modules elsewhere and had issues with theirs.
I can attest wholeheartedly if you go the route that I suggested, it is a complete 100 percent plug n play system. It is an easy install, especially for the golf as the bcm is the same as ROW. On the passat and in my case the jetta, the bcm is a bit more of a headache as the install instructions are for row vehicles and the NAR Jetta and passat have their own hybrid bcm with pin outs that do not match any other car. So I in essence was a guinea pig when I did my install, as I was the first documented NAR install for the mk6 jetta. But I did a pretty thorough writeup that I posted the link to, that will make that same install a lot easier for whoever chooses to install it in theirs.
This is the kit that I purchased:
http://www.pfjones.co.uk/vag-tow-bar-13-pin-dedicated-wiring-kit-321600300153.html
I installed it in my 2014 jetta tdi. When you order make sure you're ordering the westfalia kit, your option for led or no led (I didn't opt for led), and that you contact them and let them know to remove rhe vat from the price (ordering outside of the uk requires no vat charge) and that you're purchasing it for a LHD version car.
Again, do as you please but like I said I can confirm for a fact both gjas and myself went this route and had zero problems. You're in a far better position to buy now than gjas and myself were in as 1. We were both guinea pigs for our perspective cars
2. The gbp to usd was pretty crappy then. It's a lot better now so it comes out cheaper
3. The price is a lot cheaper overall. If I'm not mistaken I paid almost 300 before the usd to gbp conversion and minus the vat, and also they didn't include shipping then. So it may have been over 300 bucks. Can't remmeber now
Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I still have a question... I have communicated with PFJones and they send me a quote without VAT (Just like a few years ago when I bought same tow bar for my audi). But the confusion for me is that when I asked to make sure that it is the LHD version of the 321600300153 part number he send me an email to confirm me this including part number 321600300113. I seem to remember that it was said on this forum that this the version that cannot be programmed for NAR? I am confused now.
I included the link to the Westfalia installation documents.
Thanks,
Wim

sandmansans

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta
I still have a question... I have communicated with PFJones and they send me a quote without VAT (Just like a few years ago when I bought same tow bar for my audi). But the confusion for me is that when I asked to make sure that it is the LHD version of the 321600300153 part number he send me an email to confirm me this including part number 321600300113. I seem to remember that it was said on this forum that this the version that cannot be programmed for NAR? I am confused now.
I included the link to the Westfalia installation documents.
Thanks,
Wim
That's correct but that was a while ago so it may be the following scenarios.
1. The agent accidently gave you the rhd part number and or isn't aware that there is a lhd version. You gotta remember, this is a British company and the majority of their sales are to customers that drive on the wrong side of the road :)

2. Due to the VW scandal, they may have either discontinued the part and or pfjones may have stopped stocking it.

3. Sometimes part manufacturer's update part numbers, maybe this is the new part number for the lhd version. Or perhaps they've now developed a module that works for both lhd and rhd.

Either scenario, I would communicate with them to confirm if what you're getting is the lhd version as you were under the impression you paid for.
Unless if it's like I said, that they upgraded it to support both lhd and rhd cars.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

vincej

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf Wagon
I'll be removing the Curt that a previous owner installed because I am tired of it hitting bottom when going over a dip.