Leather Seats Cleaning

Kiwi

From all I've heard, the cream of the crop is some stuff called Lexol. Your dealer can probably set you up with some free samples of the VW cleaner stuff, if you like.

If you head over to www.vwvortex.com, they have a detailing forum over there with people obsessed with leather cleaners the way that some folks here are obsessed with motor oil. (Yeek!)

Idrenak

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by flyfish713:
Whats a good cleaner to use on leather seats.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lexol make a good leather cleaner and conditioner. It is available in most places that carries tack. Works great on saddles too.

------------------
2001 White Jetta GLS TDI 5 spd Black Leather Interior

flyfish713

TDI
Jetta,2000,Silver
Thanks I just purchase a bottle of Lexol Conditioner, They did not have the cleaner in stock. I will try it when it gets warmer.

------------------
2000,JETTA,TDI,LOADED

Pushintin

Veteran Member
I just tried Zaino Brothers Leather cleaner and followed it up with their conditioner. I'm a Levi 501 guy, not because they are stylish but because I wore them to kindergarten and still do (Beaver Clever look, then not now!!). Any way this cleaner took the old denim blue right of my tan leather seats with little effort and the conditioner brings back the new leather smell. I like it!!

Bob Novak

Veteran Member
I have always use saddle soap on my biege leather seats, followed by a good rub down with mink oil. They look and smell great!

2000 jetta gls
Red with beige leather
all options
upsoulte
Descreened
power service additive
new relay 109

MP

TDI
2001 Silver Jetta TDI w/grey leather
Hello again after my long hiatus after getting my new car. I love it. Silver w grey leather, lux, heated seats and monsoon. Haven't had a single thing wrong with my car. Am getting right around 50 mpg too. Taking it in for my 10,000 mile checkup Fri.
Anyway about the leather cleaner, be careful if you use anything with neatsfoot oil in it. 100% neatsfoot oil is fine but neatsfoot oil compound can eat stitching on saddles, bridles and I imagine leather seats also. Just my 2 cents from having horses and oiling saddles for years. Michelle