Midwest Light Creations- HID Headlights and Retrofit Kits (Headlights by Jeff)

dislexicmofo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW Golf TDI GLS
Hey Jeff, I sent you an email a few months ago from mperr01, when you get a second could you please get back to me?

The new stuff looks great BTW! Are you distributing through fixmyvw too?

Sent from my flashzilla

TDI
Wanted to post up some photos of new bulb. Calling them the VXD v.2, as they are fundamentally the same. The difference is that they come with braided/shielded wiring. They are also a couple of centimeters than the first series VXD bulbs which makes them easier to install (avoids clearance issues with the back of the housings).

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Any GOOD sales coming up? Wifey needs new headlights on her wagon, but I'm willing to wait for a good sale...

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Any GOOD sales coming up? Wifey needs new headlights on her wagon, but I'm willing to wait for a good sale...
Jeff has donated a beautiful set of Mk4 headlights to TDIFest. :)

GLI-style (half black), bi-xenon projectors, fog lights, and CREE LED upgrades for the signal lights.

TDI
The Spring Sale on post #1 has not expired..by that I mean that the coupon code still works.

And yes, for those of you heading to the fest I have donated a set of MK4 jetta lights. GLI, amber turn signals, Iris premium shroud, all LED bulbs, F35x ballasts, VXD v.2 bulbs. The complete setup. Normal price for that is $440, but it could be yours for the right bid!

SlimMJS

TDI
Mk6 TDI Golf - Candy White DSG
I do not. I do have the other set though.
So you still have the DEPO projector headlights? You wrote that the "lights have a H7 HID bulbs for the low beam", and "are a direct swap for the stock lights". Are the HID ballasts included as well?
How about shipping to TX 78723?
Thanks!

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Did you catch my PM about buying another set of MKIV Jetta 4.0NA lights?

conejo_a_cuatro

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS Silver, 2011 JSW Manual - Bought Back. Now 328d Wagon.
Can you post pics and prices for lights for a JSW? Are these more or less plug and play? Thanks!

Riflesmith

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI 6M, 2015 Golf TDI 6A
Installed my Jetta 4.0 lights this afternoon. Test drove and aimed them after dark. Fantastic product. Total plug and play and outstanding results. Thanks Jeff.

Czarmarz

TDI
None
Any discounts codes for the fall season? Thinking about a set for my mk4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta and 2015 GSW MT
Just got some lights from Jeff for my Jetta. Nice lights, that seem to be well-made, and for a very reasonable price. Also Jeff was very easy to get ahold of-and quickly diagnosed a problem with mine over the phone, which was easily fixed. Nice to have bright lights in deer country. He gets my recommendation, and I would buy from him again.

TNguy

Banned
TDI
2005 Jetta BEW 5 speed
Just placed my order for Jetta 4.0, glass lenses, and ballast. Can't wait to get them!

michTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta and 2015 GSW MT
Can somebody post a pic of what you are doing (where are you mounting) the ballast for the passenger side light (A4 Jetta)? The intercooler pipe is in the way of screwing the ballast into the back of the turn signal cover-which is what I did on the driver's side. Jeff suggested using zip ties and attaching the ballast right to the intercooler pipe. He was going to email me a pic but I haven't been able to get in touch with him......

TNguy

Banned
TDI
2005 Jetta BEW 5 speed
I'm waiting for mine to come in to know where to install them at. I have the 5.5L washer tank so it should be interesting...

TDI
Can somebody post a pic of what you are doing (where are you mounting) the ballast for the passenger side light (A4 Jetta)? The intercooler pipe is in the way of screwing the ballast into the back of the turn signal cover-which is what I did on the driver's side. Jeff suggested using zip ties and attaching the ballast right to the intercooler pipe. He was going to email me a pic but I haven't been able to get in touch with him......
I sent you an email last night with a photo. Check your spam folder if you don't see it in your inbox.