dweise- One Last Thread-Contact Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

dweisel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
dweisel isn't diesel anymore!
dweisel- One Last Thread-Contact Info

Just wanted to take a few minutes to thank everyone (almost everyone)here on the tdiclub forum. I've meet lots of great people here on the forum and have spent many,many hours here.(probably too many) Lots of people here gave some great input on the hpfp problem which has helped me look at it from varing perspectives. Even the most mundane post sometimes can spur you into thinking in a whole other direction. I thank those who sometimes made me go in the opposite direction. I'd like to give everyone a pat on the back for helping solve the mysteries of the hpfp. Special thanks to people who donated their failed fuel system parts and biodiesel so that I could examine,disassemble and post the results here for all to read. Due to reasons I cannot discuss here in the open forum.I guess I have been sort of a pita to some here.I'll be leaving the tdiclub at least for now.Maybe I'll return if some things change. If anyone needs help with anything please feel free to email me at crazy4diesel2@aol.com

Again, my sincere thanks to almost everyone.
dweisel

twobilly

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI (09/09)
What the f***? I hope you're not being squeezed out or anything. You are a valuable addition to this forum. I'm not saying I agree 100% with everything you write, or anyone else for that matter, but that's not really the point. Your contributions are voluminous, informative, I will be sad to see you sign off (if even for a little while).

Last edited:

dweisel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
dweisel isn't diesel anymore!
twobilly, thanks for the comments. Just tired of butting heads with an immature controlling moderator.dz likes to move,edit and delete my work whenever he feels like it. That way it has less impact and becomes somewhat lost in another thread as opposed to a new thread.

Yesterday, 10:53 PM dzcad90
Rolex & gin

TDI(s): Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09

Your threads and posts...
Dweisel,

Your thread entitled "dweisel's new theory on HPFP failures" or something similar was first moved and then deleted.

Pursuant to the rules on posting about HPFP failure causes and why (Which can be found in the CR HPFP Failure FAQ), these types of discussions should be placed in that thread, where I moved your post this morning and you subsequently found. It's obvious you found it because you deleted it from the "CR HPFP Analysis" thread in the MkVI forum.

Then you proceed to post again, making it sound like the moving of your thread was "inadvertent," when in actuality it was with purpose. Once I remove the second thread you post on the subject, you then post with some sarcastic jargon about wanting to know the procedure for posting a new thread.

I don't need to tell you all of the above, because you already know about your actions.

Unfortunatley, I've received more than one complaint on the amount, and the tone of your posts on this subject. You want to post on the subject, that's fine but a new thread is not necessary for every little tidbit of information you theorize on or discover, and regurgitation of the same information is not necessary or appreciated. I've also gotten comments from other moderators as well about your postings.

Please don't get me wrong, I and some of the membership do appreciate some of the research you have been doing on this issue but unfortunately just because you were the first to have this issue does not mean you "own"it or are the end-all be all source on the issue.

If you have an issue with me, send me a PM or an email. Do not drag it out into the forum, or start making baiting attacks on me again. I will not play those games. I don't like to lock threads, move threads, etc.. however you seem to like to bait and troll and I've had enough. Every time I've left the forum for more than a couple of hours today I've had to come back and clean up some mess you have started in the forum.

Consider this your warning. If I see this type of behavior again, the only other thing I can do is give you some more time off.

- Don

Ski in NC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta ALH 5sp stock
Second that!! Your contributions have been many and valuable. I too do not agree with everything, but that is the magic of these forums. Ideas get posted, then kicked around and debated. Nothing that I've seen you post would ever be cause for harsh words. Who ever is making a fuss should be ashamed, and it should not be reason for you to stop posting. Stick with us. You should post the details of what-in-the-world is going on.

DWalk

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
I hope the people who influenced your decision did it for the right reasons... You always seemed to base your opinions on informative facts and less so on generalized assumptions. Your rational approach to discussions on the forums was refreshing and appreciated by many. These qualities will get you far in anything you are passionate about.

Don't be discouraged by the any of the issues you encountered with the HPFP; whether they be VW's handling, mechanical challenges, engineering uncertainties, or social repercussions from your postings on this forum (which are not apparent in the open forum, as you mentioned).

Thanks from a lurker, and I hope you post again sooner rather than later ...

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Hope you come back soon.(we will try to keep the diesel flowing)

eddif

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta PD Automatic
dweisel

Thanks for the contact information. I am sure that may put a lot of strain on you.

The scientific method of solving problems sometimes upsets a lot of people. You have suggested courses of action that would help. Thanks for getting outside the box at times. Some of your approaches may be found later to fit inside the existing thinking. You deserve credit for directing a lot of solutions.

I for one see the value of your approaches. It takes time to completely comply with all guidelines. On the way to solutions we all have moments of frustration.

Thanks for putting up with some of my thoughts. It is really hard for all of us to work together, but I feel you have been more than fair; and you tried and continue to try and help others.

Thanks

eddif

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
What a shame your personal, unselfish research has been silenced. We will miss your helpful and informative posts and PMs. :(

Last edited:

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
Bye dweisel

All I have to say is that your research and time will be missed by many. I'm fairly certain that you have helped more than a couple people fight VW and get what they deserved, a working fuel system replaced under warranty. Not paid for by themselves or their insurance company. You helped these people from financial ruin, imagine how many thousands of dollars you have helped members keep. Considering each replacement is nearly $10000 I bet you saved our members atleast $50,000 out of pocket, maybe more! Some don't care maybe if/when their vehicles ends up pooping out a hpfp they will realize how much you actually helped.
I'm not saying I agree or agreed with all of your posts, but I read nearly everyone of them. They where always interesting, better than a four page thread about "40K service". Now I'm also sure that running and/or moderating a board like this is a hard job. I know I surely wouldn't want to do it, being the moral police and trying to decide what to let be and what/who has to go cannot be easy. After all I'm sure VW has their people reading these boards also. There is a legal and moral obligation of the board operators to maintain this board and keep it clean. Not that I thought any of your threads/post where illegal or immoral in any way. But that's not for me to determain and I'm sure some of your posts have been modified before I got to read them.
Either way good luck to your mothers health and your vw's.

Last edited:

ZiggyTheHamster

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 VW Jetta TDI
Clearly I'm out of the loop or something, because the last couple threads that dwiesel has posted were highly technical and great reads even though I'm far from a gearhead... So something must've happened that I missed..?

Your presence will be missed - if you happen to get any more HPFP info, let me know and I'll update my statistics.

waltzconmigo

Veteran Member
TDI
none
sorry to see you go... from a long time lurker. i do not own a tdi but appreciated your hypotheses and investigations. i hope to see you return sooner rather than later maybe with some more insight or conclusions at that point. your presence will be missed. i wish you all the best.

waltz

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Can we make this a sticky?

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
.... Due to reasons I cannot discuss here in the open forum.I guess I have been sort of a pita to some here....
eff those people.
If you aren't being banned, then there's no reason to stop posting.

I don't agree with 100% of what anyone here posts- so what? On an internet forum there's always going to be some cowardly weasel that takes pot-shots at your ideas, or some troll who decides to contradict anything you post. You need to have a thick skin and know when to ignore.

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
Just wanted to take a few minutes to thank everyone (almost everyone)here on the tdiclub forum. I've meet lots of great people here on the forum and have spent many,many hours here.(probably too many) Lots of people here gave some great input on the hpfp problem which has helped me look at it from varing perspectives. Even the most mundane post sometimes can spur you into thinking in a whole other direction. I thank those who sometimes made me go in the opposite direction. I'd like to give everyone a pat on the back for helping solve the mysteries of the hpfp. Special thanks to people who donated their failed fuel system parts and biodiesel so that I could examine,disassemble and post the results here for all to read. Due to reasons I cannot discuss here in the open forum.I guess I have been sort of a pita to some here.I'll be leaving the tdiclub at least for now.Maybe I'll return if some things change. If anyone needs help with anything please feel free to email me at crazy4diesel2@aol.com

Again, my sincere thanks to almost everyone.
dweisel
The decision of anyone to stay or go is usually one of their own making. Typically, when people start threads like the instant one, they are seeking SPV status. As I am unfamiliar with all the particulars of your back story, other then the fact that I count no less then 18 threads started by you dealing with the HPFP I am pressed to ask "Why 18"? Could they not have been compressed into a more reasonable number? Is a more reasonable number of threads (say under 5) started by the same person on the same topic somehow unreasonable to request? Could not the same topics/mullings of the later 13 threads have been compressed into say 5?

I have no axe to grind with you dweisel. The hpfp issue is an important issue. That said, I do think it is unreasonable to start 18 plus threads on the same topic and then imply that other members who raise a eyebrow to all these threads on the same topic are somehow the reason for you to voluntary leave this forum. Really? Do you actually beleive that 18 plus threads started by you on the same topic are a limitation on your ability to express yourself????

My advice to you is to man up, stop whining and limit your "ponderings" to the 15 or more existing active threads of yours that on this topic. Taking your "ball" and going home is what kids do when they do not get there way.......

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
The decision of anyone to stay or go is usually one of their own making. Typically, when people start threads like the instant one, they are seeking SPV status. As I am unfamiliar with all the particulars of your back story, other then the fact that I count no less then 18 threads started by you dealing with the HPFP I am pressed to ask "Why 18"? Could they not have been compressed into a more reasonable number? Is a more reasonable number of threads (say under 5) started by the same person on the same topic somehow unreasonable to request? Could not the same topics/mullings of the later 13 threads have been compressed into say 5?

I have no axe to grind with you dweisel. The hpfp issue is an important issue. That said, I do think it is unreasonable to start 18 plus threads on the same topic and then imply that other members who raise a eyebrow to all these threads on the same topic are somehow the reason for you to voluntary leave this forum. Really? Do you actually beleive that 18 plus threads started by you on the same topic are a limitation on your ability to express yourself????

My advice to you is to man up, stop whining and limit your "ponderings" to the 15 or more existing active threads of yours that on this topic. Taking your "ball" and going home is what kids do when they do not get there way.......

Maybe some of the threads could have been combined into one or two. Maybe the sticky on hpfp failure shouldn't be locked!! Maybe maybe maybe, but who cares how many threads there are about hpfp? Tell me, how many threads are there about cam failures, dmf failures, bs failures???? The list goes on and on. The same stuff gets talked about over and over again. Why should this be an exception?

On the other hand it is kinda childish that dweisel deleted all the first posts in all the threads about hpfp failures. What ever.... After all he is leaving on his own behalf.

Last edited:

eddif

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta PD Automatic
There can be reasons for doing a good number of threads on one broad subject. Especially because we can not manage to divide a subject into sections in a particular huge thread.

dweisel was seperating the subject into small sub-sections. IMHO. If you went to a sub-section you could comprehend the five or so aspects of what you were discussing. If all the information is contained in one large umbrella thread, my head swims because of my lack of intelligence; and all of a sudden 35 particulars are muddled into a mush that means nothing.

After the small developmental elements are covered, then you can probably merge it all into a short comprehensive thread.

Having said this I just kind of muddle along hoping I get somewhere.

eddif

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
Maybe some of the threads could have been combined into one or two. Maybe the sticky on hpfp failure shouldn't be locked!! Maybe maybe maybe, but who cares how many threads there are about hpfp? Tell me, how many threads are there about cam failures, dmf failures, bs failures???? The list goes on and on. The same stuff gets talked about over and over again. Why should this be an exception?

On the other hand it is kinda childish that dweisel deleted all the first posts in all the threads about hpfp failures. What ever....
These are all excellent points. I agree that his decision to delete does not help the tdiclub community and seems childish/vindictive and hence my reference to SPV status. I would note a significant difference between the cam/dmf/bsm failures authored by different individuals and the 18 plus threads on HPFP started by dweisel. 18 threads by the same author on the same topic splices the information to the point wherein it becomes unreadable, save and except for those that have read all of his other threads.

The cam/dmf/bsm failure threads, with different authors (i.e. thread starters) is more readily followable in that the author starts from the beggining in each thread without referencing 17 other threads that the reader is unaware of (kindov like trying to read a book from chapter 7).

There can be reasons for doing a good number of threads on one broad subject. Especially because we can not manage to divide a subject into sections in a particular huge thread.

dweisel was seperating the subject into small sub-sections. IMHO. If you went to a sub-section you could comprehend the five or so aspects of what you were discussing. If all the information is contained in one large umbrella thread, my head swims because of my lack of intelligence; and all of a sudden 35 particulars are muddled into a mush that means nothing.

After the small developmental elements are covered, then you can probably merge it all into a short comprehensive thread.

Having said this I just kind of muddle along hoping I get somewhere.

eddif
I totally agree. I followed dweisels exploits with interest. 18 plus threads though fragments what he is trying to do to the point where he defeats his own stated purpose. I also agree that he could work within the framework of reason to limit his threads on HPFP to specific subsections of the topic so that the reader can more readily follow his thought process then they can trying to keep up with 18 plus threads by him on the same topic.

All of this becomes irrelevant if he just walks away in a huff though ......

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
These are all excellent points. I agree that his decision to delete does not help the tdiclub community and seems childish/vindictive and hence my reference to SPV status. I would note a significant difference between the cam/dmf/bsm failures authored by different individuals and the 18 plus threads on HPFP started by dweisel. 18 threads by the same author on the same topic splices the information to the point wherein it becomes unreadable, save and except for those that have read all of his other threads.

The cam/dmf/bsm failure threads, with different authors (i.e. thread starters) is more readily followable in that the author starts from the beggining in each thread without referencing 17 other threads that the reader is unaware of (kindov like trying to read a book from chapter 7).

I totally agree. I followed dweisels exploits with interest. 18 plus threads though fragments what he is trying to do to the point where he defeats his own stated purpose. I also agree that he could work within the framework of reason to limit his threads on HPFP to specific subsections of the topic so that the reader can more readily follow his thought process then they can trying to keep up with 18 plus threads by him on the same topic.

All of this becomes irrelevant if he just walks away in a huff though ......
And my point being (if it wasn't made clear in my above post) is if the locked stickied thread was open for discussion or one like it JUST for hpfp failure discussion, this whole pissing match may never have even started. Its kinda inline with your feelings of haveing one thread and not 18. But as eddif said it makes since for the multiple threads as new discoveries are made, they won't get lost as easily, or mudded up.

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
All I can say is if I discover one smidgen of evidence that dwiesel was pushed out of this venue due to anything other than his own will or serious rules violations, I will be on the war path here like never before.:rolleyes: Later!

Status
Not open for further replies.