Pierre's 2003 Golf TDI Build

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
LOL. Some sniffing machines probably found some machine oil on the rods or bolts and snatched up your package. What a pain man!!! Hope you get it straightened out in time. (fingers crossed)

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Good news, your ecu is on it's way with new RACEROCKET R520 tune ;-)

(same as my Silver Bullet, and Joe TDI's car) Lots of new stuff in the works too! Building another one now - 00Jetta Blue Rocket! Now I have Red/White/and Blue TDI's. Next Bronze/Silver/and Gold TDI's hehe.

Jeff

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
Alleluja!
Alleluja!
Alleluja!

Al....le.....lu.....ja!
Now I'll be able to play with the big boys!!

Make sure you put a red maple leaf on the Gold one to go with the Men's Hockey Gold medal Canada will win on Sunday;)

jsrmonster said:

(same as my Silver Bullet, and Joe TDI's car) Lots of new stuff in the works too! Building another one now - 00Jetta Blue Rocket! Now I have Red/White/and Blue TDI's. Next Bronze/Silver/and Gold TDI's hehe.

Jeff

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
The guy at the UPS could not explain *** happened but the package was wrapped with some Haz Mat material and label...

There was a small unopened undamaged hand wipe size packet of ARP Grease in there.

Took out the grease and resent the rest of the content back. These are the original 1.8t design which I am trading them for the most recent TDI design. Hope to get them back next week.

Picked up the rebuilt tranny today.

Farfromovin said:
LOL. Some sniffing machines probably found some machine oil on the rods or bolts and snatched up your package. What a pain man!!! Hope you get it straightened out in time. (fingers crossed)

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
jsrmonster said:

Jeff
Pierre, if your cyl head is similar in setup to JoeTDI's, you should have no problem putting down some very respectable numbers on a dyno. You will definitely be maxxing out the 17/22. I doubt it'll smoke much on the street either :) What a great setup man.

Last edited:

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Farfromovin said:
Pierre, if your cyl head is similar in setup to JoeTDI's, you should have no problem putting down some very respectable numbers on a dyno. You will definitely be maxxing out the 17/22. I doubt it'll smoke much on the street either :) What a great setup man.
That would be sweet! Hoping for something close to Robert's numbers.

BTW - Got my ECU back in the mail today with three nice characters painted on it

RC6

Can't wait for my engine to be put back together again so I can fire it up.

Tnx Jeff

Last edited:

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
jsrmonster said:

Jeff
Jeff,
I was hoping you could have put my ecu exchange in the box with Pierre's! Maybe next time ...

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
NewTdi said:
Jeff,
I was hoping you could have put my ecu exchange in the box with Pierre's! Maybe next time ...
Please send me email with your ph#, and address and I'll take care of this.
Jeff

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Before

The cylinders are in great condition so no oversize required. My standard size pistons will work good with a light hone.

Last edited:

heykw

Veteran Member
TDI
fleet
What did you pay to get the front bumper painted. Your car looks great and it has got me thinking.

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I had various things done to it so I can't really say how much to paint the bumper alone. I think you can it done for about $250 though. (outside of NorCal.)

I got the hood painted and got the notch filled, the bumper painted, two dents on the hood and front fender fixed, paint and install the OEM spoiler as well detail the whole car in and out.. I think all that was around $900,

Got a screaming deal

heykw said:
What did you pay to get the front bumper painted. Your car looks great and it has got me thinking.

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Getting a light hone

Crank shaft and lightened flywheel balanced

Last edited:

rocketeer928

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
tothemax said:
I am pretty new at this mechanical stuff and usually end up going one step forward two steps back and breaking a few things everytime I do something new. I should start a thread on all the f_ckups I have had so far ;) I'd be quite a kick..
I'm with you on this one. I've broken plenty of things modifying and maintaining my Jetta. Very maddening!

Looking forward to seeing everything put back together on this Golf and your new dyno numbers. Is your wife still being supportive???

So, when did you move from CA to BC?

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI

Note the areas which had to be ground at the bottom of the cylinders. A bevel of about 1/4" x about 1" long

Would like a block girdle here but will need to add later when I can get a hold of one.

Last edited:

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Beautiful!!! God that car is gonna run nice when it goes back together. How's the timeline looking for the first startup?

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
Looks great. Should be a quick Golf when you get it back together.
Makes me want to tear my car apart and port the head along with putting in some upgraded rods. If only I had the $$$.............lol

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Hopefully this weekend it will run and I do hope it runs nice.... Hopefully Murphy will stay away for this last effort!-

Engine is back in my garage and re- attaching components to it. This time it's going back in from the bottom though and NOT from the top.

Farfromovin said:
Beautiful!!! God that car is gonna run nice when it goes back together. How's the timeline looking for the first startup?

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Wish I could come down and help, but the TDI is not road worthy right now. I wouldn't worry about Murphy too much, I've been keeping him REAL busy the last month LOL.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M

Pierre, your Tin is on backwards.

the removable section goes toward the back side.

Best of luck!

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Tnx Aaron,

I'll make sure to flip it around when we put the tranny on.

Growler said:
Pierre, your Tin is on backwards.

the removable section goes toward the back side.

Best of luck!

Last edited:

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Ok so I didn't take the time to read through the entire thread, so you may have mentioned it, but what turbo are you going to be running?

Car is shaping up nicely.:D

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Tnx for the compliments,

on the turbo, right now we are putting on the 17/22 until Jeff has the new 2260 hybrid kit ready. I was hoping for it to be ready this spring but it's not clear when it will be available anymore. If not ready by early summer, I may go with the new GT2256V kit from biochoppers, http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=274330&highlight=DC or something equivalent. No question I will need a bigger turbo before TDI Fest.

Are you coming to TDI Fest?

3L3M3NT said:
Ok so I didn't take the time to read through the entire thread, so you may have mentioned it, but what turbo are you going to be running?

Car is shaping up nicely.:D

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
tothemax said:
Tnx for the compliments,

on the turbo, right now we are putting on the 17/22 until Jeff has the new 2260 hybrid kit ready. I was hoping for it to be ready this spring but it's not clear when it will be available anymore. If not ready by early summer, I may go with the new GT2256V kit from biochoppers, http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=274330&highlight=DC or something equivalent. No question I will need a bigger turbo before TDI Fest.

Are you coming to TDI Fest?

The 17/22 should be ok for now, but I'm sure if you are upgrading rods, then you can safely run a 2260. I know when I was out by Jeff early on in December that he was working on a kit for going bigger turbo, but didn't say when it would be ready. That's kind of what I'm waiting for.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be making it to TDIFest this year. As much fun as it would be and I do love road trips, but it's almost 30 hours one way to get to Portland from Green Bay:( I could probably do it in less if I had a Co-pilot that I could switch off with, but I don't think there is anyone else in the area that is that gun ho to come along.
To be able to see your car and O.C.TDI's car would definitely make the trip worth it though.;)

Who knows I might get the itch and make the drive out. I'm more so a spontaneous person, that all off the sudden a week before an event I completely commit to attending something. There are just so many things that can come up, that I hate to plan that far in advance.

If I do make the trip once I get out of WI and MN I could pretty much set the cruise at 100 and go:D

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
100? thats it? come on, 120 EASY!!! i reached 130 the other day and it was SOLID!!!

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
TDikook said:
100? thats it? come on, 120 EASY!!! i reached 130 the other day and it was SOLID!!!
Ok so I could probably set the cruise at 120:D

That should shave off some time;)