KMH Motors gains recognition with NPR as VW diesel advocate

k_harley

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2005 Audi S4, 1997 Audi A4 Race car, 2004 Passat TDI 6MT 4motion
In a recent interview, a reporter from National Public Radio came to North Chelmsford to interview owner and technician Keith Harley to get an idea of how diesel technology has progressed in recent years.

Discussions about the following topics were brought up-
-The cost / benefit of hybrid cars was compared with diesel cars
-Environmental impact of diesel cars vs. hybrid cars
-Improvement of sound / smoke / user friendliness of new diesel cars
-Benefits of owning a diesel car
-What is the advantage of a diesel car over a conventional gasoline car

I was happy to offer any info I could on TDI's and expressed my love for driving these cars. I don't know when the story is going to air, but I will try to find out.

k_harley

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2005 Audi S4, 1997 Audi A4 Race car, 2004 Passat TDI 6MT 4motion
Thanks, glad you caught it! Gee, too bad my computer speakers just crapped out yesterday!!!!!!! Arghhhh, guess Ill have to wait to hear it at home and see how it actually came out. He probably cut and pasted audio to make it sound like I was saying bad things about diesel cars. You know, like they do on those crazy fake interviews they do on E! sometimes.

TurbinePower

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Aaaaand they make mention of California being in the way, but they seem to be claiming that only diesels emit particulates and that those particulates are carcinogenic. :rolleyes:

k_harley

TDI
OK, so I heard it now. Obviously there was a lot more dialogue than what he put into the story, and a longer explanation as to why the diesel engine sounds the way it does. :p