reverse light trigger for headunit

lapse

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI, 2003 Golf TDI
I picked up an AudioSources 8601 to replace my double-din head unit a few months ago. The reverse camera was a few bucks so I picked one up.

Now that the weather is getting a bit better, I'd like to finish the install. I've run the wiring for the camera to the trunk underneath the sills. The head unit has a reverse sense line that will trigger the power to the camera and switch the radio to the particular video-in feed.

The big question is where can I tap the reverse trigger underneath the dash?

I think I can probably run a wire through the firewall to the reverse light switch on top of the transmission, but I'm pretty sure I'd pass the wire that turns on the reverse bulbs on my way out there.

lapse

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI, 2003 Golf TDI
Found the black with blue wire on the loom running under the door sill. It matched the coloured wire going to the reverse light bulb at the back of the trunk, so I took a gamble and tapped it and ran a wire to the head unit's REVERSE-IN wire.

The power for the camera is coming from 75x:

w00t

trentcdrums

TDI
2012 6 Speed Golf Coupe TDI
Found the black with blue wire on the loom running under the door sill. It matched the coloured wire going to the reverse light bulb at the back of the trunk, so I took a gamble and tapped it and ran a wire to the head unit's REVERSE-IN wire.
The power for the camera is coming from 75x:

w00t

Found this off a Google search. Currently trying to find my trigger wire in my 2012 TDI Golf 2 door. it looks like the wires in my car are running in the upper headliner from the hatch..