VW CHEATED on gasoline vehicles too

BeetlePD

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle 2005
This is the latest news coming out of German courts. They programmed gasoline cars to alter combustion routines while being smog-tested, so they’d have cleaner exhaust.

Why am I not surprised? If they thought it was okay to break the law, and lie to customers, then I think it’s okay to boycott the company completely. I don’t hand my hard-earned dollars to criminals

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
This is the latest news coming out of German courts. They programmed gasoline cars to alter combustion routines while being smog-tested, so they’d have cleaner exhaust.

Why am I not surprised? If they thought it was okay to break the law, and lie to customers, then I think it’s okay to boycott the company completely. I don’t hand my hard-earned dollars to criminals

First off you are not even affected with your 2005 vehicle.

Second this whole thing did nothing detrimental to the performance or life of the engine before the so-called fix !!!

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I think you should boycott them and have your your VW(s) crushed immediately. Feeling the way you do you should have nothing to do with them any more or any other company that has ever done anything wrong. You should never speak or post their name ever again so as not to spread word of them any more and they will be forgotten.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Didn't Jeffery Dahmer say that too? Well, except for the wanting more diesels bit. He wanted more human tenderloin I think. :eek:

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
No, more like the US Declaration of Independence. Not those exact words, of course, but the basic concept is something along those lines.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I whole-heartedly endorse the sort of civil disobedience that Gandhi and King advocated. I'm afraid VW has done nothing to earn that kind of respect.

Last edited:

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
One of the main principles behind a jury is that if the law is a bad one, then they have a duty to return a not guilty verdict whether the law was broken or not.

Judges and prosecutors don't like that and won't so educate a jury in the instructions. Of course, a jury doesn't have to listen to a judge's instructions, but judges really REALLY don't like that either.

Cheers,

PH

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Jury nullification. Yes none of the legal community seem to like that. Williamson county where I live enforces pot laws even for tiny amounts. I have been rejected several times from jury duty as they asked if I would convict and I told them no. Even if they were guilty, no. I can't see ruining someones life for tiny amounts. Go find some meth and heroin dealers and put them away.

JesseTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI, Premium package
EVERY car company has found one or more ways to cheat emissions testing (if you look into penalties paid by automakers to the govt you'd see that nobody is 'clean'), some just aren't as arrogant as VW when caught. Most just pay the fine, say "we're sorry" and continue on cheating the system. VW went the deny, deny, deny route and got an example made out of them. Hell, right after dieselgate Harley Davidson was busted by the EPA, they where tuning their bikes that came out of the factory with a compliant tune and when they got to the dealers they where retuned as part of dealer prep to sell with the "screaming eagle" tune that restored the bike to advertised performance. You dont hear about the HD thing because they dropped to their knees and wrote a fat "my bad" check to the government who conveniently looked the other way afterwards.

Like mentioned before, if you dont like "giving your money to criminals" stop paying your taxes, and stop buying pretty much anything mass produced or regulated by the government. "Government regulation" is the largest racket ever perpetrated in the history of man because if you pay a big enough "fine" (I call it a bribe) you can get an exemption for any rule, they'll even help you find a loophole to exploit or write one into the laws if you are willing to help them stay elected.

Nobody is as clean and pure as the wind driven snow that **** is a fantasy.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I decided that VW wouldn't get any more of my income when I found out about the monkey torture trials masquerading as science. That was the final straw for me.