Has anyone dealt with Bill 87turboquttro??? any feed back?

quietmission

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf TDI , 04 S500, 95 GTI TDI (Past)
Just got my ALH head from him yesterday. I waited on him for a while to get it done but it came out good. At first i was frustrated that i had to wait and i wanted to send it elsewhere. Again he is hyper and curses a lot but he swear by his work and of course his prices. I guess that i can't say anything negative in regard to his work.
I hope you find a resolution to your issue and I would suggest that you find a mutual person to mediate for you as opposed to blasting him on here.

Last edited:

Keebler145

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta MKIV 2000, 2003, and MKV 2006 PD DSG
I like the side shot of the ports, not actually showing any of the work done =P

Jeremy is right, MAX tried just about everything including a secondary person mrchill.... and that was unsucessful too.....

quietmission

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf TDI , 04 S500, 95 GTI TDI (Past)
I like the side shot of the ports, not actually showing any of the work done =P
I was not trying to show his work if that's what you are insinuating and besides those pics were taking with a camera phone with no flash in the dark. I am not here to advertise for Bill or his work. Sorry buddy if you are not pleased but i just wanted to post my experience.
Max,
I truly feel bad for you and i am still trying to recover my AHU head from Chill who claimed that Bill has it and Bill said that he does not. I know what it feels like to trust someone with your parts that you paid for and they can't give it back to you or they are telling you that they misplaced it:rolleyes:. Right now, i still have a bunch of parts at Chill that i still have not recover yet (Idparts downpine, AHU ECU, AHU ported head,vnt20 turbo bought longtime ago from vwmikel and modified by namedtintin,etc...) I have not raised hell yet but i understand where you are coming from.

Keebler145

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta MKIV 2000, 2003, and MKV 2006 PD DSG
=P < was meant to tell you I was just making a snarky remark, could care less about the port job of your head, sorry.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
I think he's tried that already, it's not working.

Kooyajerms you are right, the reason why I continue to post is because I had already tried a couple good sources and I have gone nowhere, if someone lives close to Canton MA, pls pm me I have his address, I'd really appriciate if someone could help me recover it, wouldn't you know it, now I am in need of my head an cam that was shipped to him with all the turst in the world..

Quiemisson, I am not blasting him off, I am trying to get my head and cam and at the same time giving advice to rest of the members so they get to know who he is, at least make everybody else aware here on the forum so no one else here gets burned, this forum is full of respectful members.

What an ordeal this has been, for sure I thought this was going to be a lot easier to deal with...

Last edited:

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
I hope Santa brings my head and cam back,

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
Robert, If you give me an address next time I am in New England I will go out of my way to pick it up for you and bring it back with me.

In the mean time I'm still working hard and will continue on my quest trying to retrieve the head, I'm trying really hard to handle this issue with respect and not lose it,,..not easy when you have a guy at the other end that has no respect and is not responsible at all. by the way txs to some members that area Pming and trying to advice me on how to recover the head and cam, and also to all members posting as well, ,,,,, Andrew txs a bunch I will Pm you his address

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
Bump for my head and cam, getting really close to a year, and still not within sight!

Got Bearings?

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS
I think the issue with something like that is you have to actually go and appear in court over it, or hire a lawyer to go appear..
Hire a lawyer for a criminal matter? That's what the DA is for. Video conferencing would work for a court appearance. :)

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
Video conferencing is a good idea. I'm not sure about up there in MA, but here in redneckville you can't even pay fines online or even with a credit card.. cash or money order in person or by mail. I doubt appearing over a television monitor will go over well...

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
I think things like these that cross state lines is a federal matter. That brings out the big guns and men in black suits and black SUVs...

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
Robert, If you give me an address next time I am in New England I will go out of my way to pick it up for you and bring it back with me.
Holy $hite ... Robert if you send Guido over he will bring back a head for sure ... your's or Bill's ;)

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
Holy $hite ... Robert if you send Guido over he will bring back a head for sure ... your's or Bill's ;)
I have a trip on the East Coast planned for mid-january so I could do a little detour and settle things before coming back West on the 19th. Let meet for coffee Robert ...

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
January came and bump for my head and cam!!!!! getting really close to a year!!!

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
His last post on the club was 6/28/11.

I don't think he gives a crap anymore. Nothing but an in-person visit will change his mind.

NoJoke

Veteran Member
His last post on the club was 6/28/11.

I don't think he gives a crap anymore. Nothing but an in-person visit will change his mind.
He might not give a crap about this forum but with others he might. Hope you and Bill can work this out... It's a shame ego gets in the way.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
He sure does not give a crap about anything,, Im planning to visit, but I will make sure he will reimburse my flight back,,, hope he sees this,,,, final notice!!

snadam

Veteran Member
TDI
98' Jetta; 2001 Jetta; 2002 NB - All TDI
MAX,
It's been years since I looked into it but as far as I recall, a small claims case can be filed in the home state of either the plaintiff or the defendant. In some limited cases you can file in additional states, like when a rental property is involved. The cost to file is small and filing can be done at your local court house. While posting on the Internet feels like you're working towards a resolution it generally doesn't have much impact. I suggest that you take your lunch at the courthouse and spend the $40 dollars it takes to start legal proceedings. You can always call it off later.

Back in the 90's I sent heads, a complete long block, custom crank, pistons, a blower, nitrous, and all the shiny bits n' pieces to a well respected guy on a car forum. He was to do the machine work, build the engine and ship it back to me. I paid him for his labor and the mill was finished and loaded into a crate. I never received it. I spent the next few years trying to get it back. I had other forum members visit his place in Colorado then he moved to CA and people tried there. Eventually I gave up and quit trying to recover any of my parts or cash. Had I filed in a timely manner I believe I would have received at least some restitution.

Adam

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
MAX,
It's been years since I looked into it but as far as I recall, a small claims case can be filed in the home state of either the plaintiff or the defendant. In some limited cases you can file in additional states, like when a rental property is involved. The cost to file is small and filing can be done at your local court house. While posting on the Internet feels like you're working towards a resolution it generally doesn't have much impact. I suggest that you take your lunch at the courthouse and spend the $40 dollars it takes to start legal proceedings. You can always call it off later.

Back in the 90's I sent heads, a complete long block, custom crank, pistons, a blower, nitrous, and all the shiny bits n' pieces to a well respected guy on a car forum. He was to do the machine work, build the engine and ship it back to me. I paid him for his labor and the mill was finished and loaded into a crate. I never received it. I spent the next few years trying to get it back. I had other forum members visit his place in Colorado then he moved to CA and people tried there. Eventually I gave up and quit trying to recover any of my parts or cash. Had I filed in a timely manner I believe I would have received at least some restitution.

Adam

Small claims court at least here in CA is a waste of time (don't know anything about MA), if you win in court and the other party do not want to pay, ,,they'll just ignore it and ignore it and they get away, ask me how I know, we sent invoices to customers from my company and when they do not pay them, we have to take them to small claim court, in some cases they pay,, and approx. the other 65% we have to take a hit, all they have to do is run and hide and they can actually get away.

I wish the court system would implement some type of restriction on their license (DMV) if they do not pay when they lose a case, that itself would put them on track and make them more responsible to obey our local laws.

I can understand why some people take the law into their own hands,,,

Txs for the advice though...

Last edited:

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
Mr chill please call me back, I have left several messages on your phone and no return, I need to figure out what you found out about my head and cam