Roll call for Colorado

ZipiTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
Silver B5.5 GLS TDi Passat wagon w/ Tiptronic
I've been looking all over tdiclub's site for the members list. I thought I found it once, but can't seem to locate it anymore.
Would like to see it organized by Country, State/Province, general location.
Would be good to know who lives near by when in need of assistance.

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta Pkg2 DSG Navi
Hey ZipiTDi,
We're out here in Vail (8,200') and Denver, Colorado.

edit: actual driveway (8,270) elevation as noted by TDIs navigation, LoL.

Last edited:

bikeprof

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 Variant white, 1996 Town & Country 3.8 LXI
HEY!

I can "invite" a group of TDI'ers here to my house next weekend.
If anyone is interested, let me know ASAP!

I may be leaving for vacation soon, so it has to be this coming WEEKEND, the 16,17-18th.

I have a two car garage, an area for about four/five cars in the flat area and a long driveway for more...

John

milehighassassin

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Golf TDi PD, Reflex Silver
1998993C2S said:
Hey ZipiTDi,
We're out here in Vail (8,200') and Denver, Colorado

I'm curious, how many miles on your MY05 Passat TDI wagon?
Vail is 8250' ;)

I am in Fort Collins but I drive up to Vail every weekend (work).

What do you do in the Valley?

2005, 4-door Golf TDI GLS, mostly stock, tinted windows, and clear bra, 337 suspension, Diesel geek skid plate.

yaknowthatguy

TDI
2000 Jetta 5spd
milehighassassin said:
Vail is 8250' ;)

I am in Fort Collins but I drive up to Vail every weekend (work).

What do you do in the Valley?

2005, 4-door Golf TDI GLS, mostly stock, tinted windows, and clear bra, 337 suspension, Diesel geek skid plate.

Rock on, I'm also in FTC, near Trilby and Lemay :)

uvmgrad

TDI
2003 Jetta Blue
South East Aurora

I am located off of E-470 and Smoky Hill. I would love to meet fellow TDI enthusiasts, but the trek would have to be somewhat close. I have a 3 yr old and 8 month old that I never see due to work during the week. Cheers.

bikeprof

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 Variant white, 1996 Town & Country 3.8 LXI
I'll be gone for the majority of the summer...

When I get back, that may be a good time to do a GTG here in the mountains, that will be good!

Gordon_Shumway

TDI
2003 jetta
I live in the foothills of Littleton, Near Tiny Town Its an awsome place to take kids. They have over 100 pint size buildings and 2 or 3 different trains that you can ride around the town.

jimfoo

Veteran Member
TDI
1966 Land Rover IDI being converted to TDI
Evergreen, but I only have a VW engine in a non-VW vehicle, 1966 Land Rover. Wife has a 2000 Beetle, though a 1.8T.

zocco

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS TDI
Does "lived in Denver & Pine for 15 years" and now wishing I was back there count? :rolleyes:

+1 on Tiny Town. My boys loved it.

06JettaTDIdsg

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI DSG
South Pinery/Parker checking in.

I do have a vagcom and can do HEX-CAN stuff. I also have the DSG oil service tool as well.

jimfoo.... I talked with you a little on the spring creek trail this past sunday. Sorry to hear about the issues you had. Did you get them figured out?

corey

hanaleigirl

TDI
Beetle
Colorado Springs present. Think I need some help too...would love to meet up with some TDI peeps whenever, wherever.:)
-Amy

jimfoo

Veteran Member
TDI
1966 Land Rover IDI being converted to TDI
06JettaTDIdsg said:
South Pinery/Parker checking in.

I do have a vagcom and can do HEX-CAN stuff. I also have the DSG oil service tool as well.

jimfoo.... I talked with you a little on the spring creek trail this past sunday. Sorry to hear about the issues you had. Did you get them figured out?

corey
No. I just got it in the garage today. I tried driving to the gas station from the trail, but I guess the flywheel bolts were almost gone from stopping when the engine ran away. They fully snapped before I got halfway there. So I need a turbo rebuild, replace flywheel bolts(hopefully no more damage there) Possible bent valves as I'm sure they must have been floating at the rpm's it was running at. I want to pull the IP apart to make sure it's ok as well, and will probably check the rods. Too much work!:(

DrewD

Veteran Member
Northern Colorado Springs by the Air Farce Academy...for at least another 3 days before we move :-(

TDI
2005 Jetta Silver tiptronic automatic
I live in Dacono... work in Boulder... grew up in Florence... hellz yeah

ETA: Ive got an 05 Jetta TDI

The husband has a '73 superbeetle....

We also have two fords, but they are for work (truck) and show (vert)... not for daily drive (I'd go broke heh).

We almost ended up living in Longmont... We did for two years, but it was a stopoff not a final destination... I didnt think it was that bad...

I also went to CSU... so lived in FtC 3 years... and went to CSM... lived in Golden 1 year...

Last edited:

bay horse farms

TDI
04 Jetta gls
Just got a 04 Jetta, live in Brighton it saves me $100.00 a tank now that the wife not driving my 04 cummins.Love the car and the mileage. I'm looking for a good local tdi guy to look it over

milehighassassin

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Golf TDi PD, Reflex Silver
bay horse farms said:
Just got a 04 Jetta, live in Brighton it saves me $100.00 a tank now that the wife not driving my 04 cummins.Love the car and the mileage. I'm looking for a good local tdi guy to look it over
My parents live in Brighton (outside of it actually). I always try to get my fuel at Western Convenience. They have great prices and I have heard good stuff about their quality.

For a local shop, I use this guy:
http://www.hardeysmotorwerks.com/

I was extremely happy with his prices and his work. Straight up guy, and good work. I had him do my clutch and tranny (I made a dumb, dumb). He has no issues with you using your own parts either.

He is not in Brighton but in Parker. Really easy to get to.

He will be doing my timing belt in about 12k.

DrFaustus

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I live in unincorporated Arapahoe county, right between Denver and Aurora. I bought my Jetta in April and had my timing belt done by Steve Carroll, the local guru listed on the site (SCarroll). Price was good, and the work was spot on.

Do any locals have any experience with the Denver Biodiesel Co-Op?

Stealthb4

TDI
01 JETTA
im in Gunnison trying to get a Biodiesel Coop going also. Anyone on the west slope interested in helping me out with this endeavor???