P0101

TyeGTI

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Highline 6spd
Hi I got this code and I have no power over 3000rpm I lose power climbing hills. I'm thinking I need a new MAF (G70). I cleared the code and still low power little boost.

2000 Jetta GLS 263xxxkm just changed timing belt crank seal and all filters

Nico3d3

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2001
If you are thinking your MAF is the problem, then unplug it and see if it improve performance. If you see an improvement, then It'll proove the MAF was causing the problem.

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
16485/P0101/000257 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70): Implausible Signal

Possible Symptoms
  • Loss of Power
  • Erratic Idle
Possible Causes
  • Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70) faulty
  • Air Leak(s) after Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70)
  • Intake Air Filter dirty/faulty
  • Ground Spots corroded or Paint Residue
  • Wiring and/or Connections from/to Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70) faulty
Possible Solutions
  • Check Intake Air Filter
  • Check Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70)
  • Check Ground Spots
  • Check Wiring and/or Connections from/to Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70)
Special Notes
  • In MY 1995-2002 (?) in Europe at VW-diesel-cars G70 had the bad reputation of slowly losing his performance, causing loss of power. It's not a matter of defective or breaking down, but it is filthy / dirty (not easy to clean). You can check functionality by making a log in [01-engine], [meas.blocks-08], group 003 (3e gear, full throttle, from 1700-4000rpm)

TyeGTI

TDI
I cleared the code first run Maf plugged in low power, Second run MAF unplugged more power but not perfect got check engine light, Third run MAF plugged in cleared code felt fine good power all throttle position.

Now I'm more confused then before. I have noticed that first and second I got more power if I backed off the throttle and found a sweet spot which gave some better power but far from prefect.:confused:

Snow screen clear no corrision at the MAF plug.

I had the timing belt, water pump, crank seal and all filters changed under 1000Km ago.

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Are you still getting a code when MAF is plugged in?

Do you have VAG-COM? If so, try logging MAF (Block 3) and boost (Block 11) at full throttle - instructions here.

Simon

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TyeGTI said:
I have no power over 3000rpm I lose power climbing hills.
This sounds more like limp mode due to turbo overboost than a MAF problem. If it is overboost, the power will come back when you turn the ignition off/on, but I'm not sure if a generic code reader will pick up the overboost code.

It's difficult to diagnose power loss problems without VAG-COM.

Simon

TyeGTI

TDI
I'm using a TopTak OT-680 no overboost codes yet still no power again and P0101 code again

I saw on some other post about 3000rpm tesr in 3rd gear. So I tried it and here is what live data I got:

Load: 33%
Coolant Temp: 144f
Manifold Pressure: 34in.hg
RPM: 2960
Speed: 44mph
Ingintion Advance: 5.0deg
Intake Air Temp: 14f
Mass Air Flow Rate: 1.0lb/min
Throttle Psotion: 33%

I did serval runs at 3000rpm 3rd gear and the same flat road and no Check engine light on a still low power.

06jettatdi89

TDI
2006 Jetta tdi
2006 brm turbo/maf issue

New Bosch oem maf sensor and still throws a P0101 and I don't feel the turbo/boost kick until around 2000-2200rpms which really makes it difficult to take off on a hill without burning the heck out of a brand new clutch. Anybody ever heard of this?

06jettatdi89

TDI
2006 Jetta tdi
I don't hear any boost leaks. But that's what I get...I take off from a stop with the pedal to the floor because it feels like there's no power then I get close to 2000-2200 rpms and it shoots a cloud of black smoke and I feel the turbo and the car takes off

06jettatdi89

TDI
2006 Jetta tdi
Hey quicktd is there a such thing as if my battery goes dead or gets below a certain voltage does the turbo actuator have to be relearned through vagcom?

06jettatdi89

TDI
2006 Jetta tdi
Ok well I tried getting a zip tie on it but it's too far down and clustered with everything else and I could barely see it from underneath the car

mutzie

TDI
2006 TDI GLS
Hello all,
My 06 golf TDI BEW HAS 107K
I am getting the 0101 code and just got done cleaning the the MAF sensor with the CRC cleaner. I let it dry and reinstalled it. Cleared the code and it came back on.
I do not hear any camshaft noises
Installed a horseshoe clamp, so no air leak there.
Performance , mileage and driveability are good.
I do not have any diagnostic equipment other than the code reader.
I could use srep by step suggestions to help solve the problem.
Thanks in advance.

Jarrod B

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI
What's this cam issue? That's new to me. And I'm dealing with this still after installing a new maf and a few days later the p0101 came back.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk