opinion on shock/strut replacement

3kidsnadezl

Veteran Member
I need to replace all shocks/struts. I am undecided on which to get. I know that I won't be getting bilstein or koni. However, there does appear to be other lower end shocks for the chosing. I now eclipsed 120k and the shocks are going south fast. What opinions do you have about shock replacement? I am leaning on Boge turbogas only because the PO put them on my BMW and the ride is good.

TDI-684

TDI
B4TDI
I Have to agree with Tomo - I took his advice on the Bilstein TCs - The car is better than new, best money spent by far. I don't know how much lower than the ~$220/set you can go - but I don't think the savings would be worth it in even the short run.

steve b

TDI
A3, 1997, Green
I recently put monroe sensa-trak on my vehicle. The rears were tough to do, the fronts easy but slightly tricky. They seem like a fine replacement for original equipment. Not cheap though, by the time I bought another tool or two and the mounting kits I had close to $350 in the project.
If you go with Monroe they do not have the proper strut bushings for the front. I had to go back to the dealer to get these.
You will also need an alignment when the job is complete.

car54

theGAME
TDI
2002 Jetta
I just installed Tokiko's on a freinds VR6 jetta.

They worked great, however not sure about how long they will last him.