Help needed- Anyone from East PA/South NJ area making a trip south?

VATechTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2001 Silver (RIP!)
I'm looking at a used tranny for my 5-speed swap that's located just west of Philly. Can't find any economical way of getting it shipped here and can't find any locally.

I guess this is a long shot, but does anyone from that area or points north making a road trip south that might be able to pick it up for me, then I could meet you along your way somewhere and get it from you and reimburse you for your trouble (pay for your fuel and buy you dinner or something?).

I'm located in Asheville, NC but if I could even save myself half the trip to Eastern PA that would be huge.

Thanks...

-Tim

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
There's about a 70% chance I'm doing this drive this weekend... It wouldn't be tooo much longer if I go near philly instead of going the route that mapquest shows.. I think it'll only add about an hour to the drive..

I'll know for sure tomorrow evening if the trip is a GO...

I'm sure the drive from ashville to chapel hill is easier than up to philly...

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Completely off-topic, but looking at the map you posted, I never realized there was a Short Pump, VA just west of Richmond. Lol.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
That's the way I go when I come back home... I'm coming from "A", going to "B", then "C", then straight up 85N back home to "A"... About 9 hours down to Wilson, hour and 15 over to Chapel Hill, about 9 back home to Port Jervis...

As it stands right now it doesn't look like I'm doing the trip anyway...

Mondog1

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 B4V
I live just west of philly. I'm not heading that way, but if you needed a place to store it till you or someone was able to get i'm able to help with that.

zanakas

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta 160k - original cam, clutch
I'm a half-hour out of Philly, and my sis lives in the Triangle (Chapel Hill)....

If you haven't found anyone yet, I will be making the trip with 90% prob. at the end of the month....

Sucks to wait that long......

VATechTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2001 Silver (RIP!)
thank you for the replies-- I think I have a good lead on a much more local source which is going to work out better for me if it happens. (fingers crossed)