50K Mile Maintenance

BGPicker

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Hello all! I just today purchased a 2012 Jetta TDI, one owner and only 49,000 miles. What is included in the 50K mile service (I plan on doing it myself)? Anything else I should do/check to start with a clean slate of maintenance? Just put front brakes on order and also will be doing an oil change. How often should the fuel filter be replaced?

Thanks folks,
David

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Look in the maintenance schedule in the owners manual. I have no clue why that is so hard for people to do.

BGPicker

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
My car did not come with the manual, hence why I asked the question on here. I also searched on here and Google but read lots of conflicting information. Easy bud!

dhuddleson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Highline TDI sedan
BGPicker,

I can offer you a full set of the Owners Manuals, however they are for Canadian market 2012 Jetta, and also in French... Maintenance schedule SHOULD be same/similar but all numbers would be in kilometers. The vehicles delivered in Canada (should) come with both English and French manual sets. I would send it for the cost of postage.

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
CarFax makes a free app for iPhones (don't know about Android, possibly there too) that can help you keep track of all scheduled maintenance for your vehicle. I have both of our diesels in the "garage" of the app and have double-checked the maintenance items and schedule to the original owner's manual.

Simply put, download the app, put in your VIN, get a nice history report as well scheduled maintenance. One of the best apps I have.