Used Q5 a good buy given emissions warranty?

emerscape

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Lux
I started another thread about my potential downsize from a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon to something cheaper and highway friendly. I originally was thinking of going back to a JSW TDI but would really like to have AWD. I’ve found several 2015s under $25k with 30k- 40k miles. While they may be out of powertrain warranty, the emission warranty will go to 120k which cover a lot of the major ticket items (I.e. turbo, fuel pump, dpf). Not sure if I would still need an extended warranty given the coverage through the emission fix warranty. To be this seems to be a great deal. Am I missing something here that I should take into consideration?

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
You are not missing anything. A low mileage Q5 is a great deal right now. I’d find one with the technology and sport packages, if possible. S-line even better. The 19 wheels are for comfort and the 20 inch wheels are for handling. Take your pick.

emerscape

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Lux
You are not missing anything. A low mileage Q5 is a great deal right now. I’d find one with the technology and sport packages, if possible. S-line even better. The 19 wheels are for comfort and the 20 inch wheels are for handling. Take your pick.
Thank you! Going to go check a few out soon. Just gotta go find an ATM....the dude abides