Whitbread Performance Innovations. Product and service offerings

Whitbread

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Several
This thread will be a complete listing of all products and services I offer. Please watch for updates and announcements. For any questions, please g-mail me. I'll try to keep things here as clean and organized as possible. Thanks!

Audi 01E Importing, Rebuilding, and Custom Clutches

Due to the increased demand, I've slowly been working on sourcing TDI ratio 01E's and related parts. I'm pleased to announce that I've recently established some importing contacts and have become a distributor for JH Motorsport. They recently developed their own carbon lined syncros that are far better than oem and cheaper. They will also have their own 1-2 shift collar released very shortly that won't be $600 like the vw one. This means that for the first time ever, 01E's will actually be able to rebuilt for a reasonable price.

For the guys wanting to do 6 speed swaps into b5.5's, I've been working with DC Clutch to develop a custom SMF unit that will use the stock starter, not require a spacer plate, and have a total weight of 40 lbs. The oem dmf setup is 41lbs. Holding power can be done up to 600lb/ft for anyone going nuts. The disks have a special hub that is sprung extremely softly to help absorb torsional vibrations. Pricing and availability will be announced shortly.

UPDATE:
As promised, here are pictures of the final prototype 240mm smf kit for 01E/01A longitudinal applications.

Last edited:

Whitbread

TDI
Several
Fabrication and Machining Services

Fluidampr's with 4 groove pulley added for B5.5 BHW applications when doing manual swaps.

Last edited:

Whitbread

TDI
Several
Turbo Supplies and Turbo Kits

I've worked with RyanP to develop a budget minded big turbo kit. Components will be;

B5.5 passat exhaust manifold from Ryan. Ceramic coating would be optional
Turbo to manifold adapter plate from Ryan
1756vk or 2260vk turbo from Ryan. (2056vk's are NLA)
Oil feed and drain lines
Vacuum actuator conversion using Ryan's stainless bracket
2.5" V band ring welded to turbine housing
2.5" stainless downpipe for mk4 kit
Silicone elbow to build your own turbo inlet pipe
Silicone connector and T bolts for compressor outlet
Assorted stainless hardware and gaskets

For mk3's, I'm afraid I won't be able to make a downpipe for it. I will still weld a V band ring on the turbine housing and weld a 90* elbow to the mating v band ring. For the mk3, I'll also do the necessary welding to re-direct the compressor outlet to work better with the mk3 piping orientation.

The pricing goal is ~$1900 for the mk4 kit with the downpipe and ~$1600 for the mk3 kit without the dp.

Lower IC pipe and modded PD150 TIP will not be parts of the normal kits unless customer adds them as options for additional costs.

Here's some pics to give you an idea;

On a mk3 block with stock engine mount

In a mk4 jetta

Last edited:

Whitbread

TDI
Several
Custom Injector Nozzles

Let me know what you want and lets bring some cool stuff come to market. Can do any size up to somewhere around .025" holes for VE/PD/CR nozzles.

Delivery time is 2-6 weeks depending on nozzle.

VE Nozzles
Each .001" increase in hole size is ~15% increase in flow for VE nozzles.*

5x.010" $335 (approximately equal to race 520's)
5x.011" $350
5x.012" $375
5x.013" $395
5x.014" $410

I have 2 sets of 5x.012's in stock right now.

PD Nozzles
Stock 04-05 passat pd140 nozzles are 5x.008" for reference. Due to higher injection pressure, each .001" increase in hole size flows ~20% more.

5x.012" $450 (Approximately 6% less than a Race 783)
5x.013" $495
5x.014" $499

For those looking to do a hot swap type of deal, I have a set of BEW bodies that are at Drive By Wire's. For a $500 deposit, I will loan out a set of bodies that can have the nozzles installed and calibrated on. That way, you're not down a car. Once Pete receives your old bodies and confirms they are BEW or BHW bodies in good working order, I'll refund the deposit.

The nozzle blanks are made by Firad in Italy and are then modified here in the good ol US of A. They come with the smile guarantee; if you don't smile after putting them in, I'll buy them back plain and simple.

Last edited:

Whitbread

TDI
Several
Custom Engine and Transmission Building

Custom VE, PD, and CR Head Studs custom made to my specs by A1 Technologies. $375 shipped to USA, $405 to Canada for H11 VE or PD stud kits. H11 tool steel is 255kpsi tensile, ARP2000 is 220kpsi tensile.

UPDATE 11-19-13: VE H11 studs are sold out. Sorry! Have 4 PD stud kits left.

I also have ARP 8740 Chromoly stud kits for PD engines available for those who don't quite need the H11's. 8740 is 190kpsi tensile strength. $185 shipped with the OD of the ARP nut lathed down to clear the cam caps. Uses stock head bolt washers.

Last edited:

Whitbread

TDI
Several
I regret to announce that from this time on, I will not be taking any new appointments for general service work. All other operations will continue as usual.

For any locals needing basic service work, please contact Marty Bergel or Munk's garage in Waterford.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Good for you, Matt! I'm glad the custom stuff is able to fill your schedule. :cool:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Is everything still going well at your Day job? Glad to hear it. keep up with the Mods. always liked seeing what you come up with.

Whitbread

TDI
Several
Is everything still going well at your Day job? Glad to hear it. keep up with the Mods. always liked seeing what you come up with.
Yeah, going well for sure. Still weird working for someone else though haha.

PD nozzle info has been updated.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
glad to see you are back doing some TDI stuff.

is there a best time to give you a call? i'm getting back into the TDI game again and i need some upgrades and what not. be easiest to spend a few minutes on the phone. most likely will end with me sending you money hahah.

Whitbread

TDI
Several
I am interested in the 4 cyl 240mm SMF
You're talking about the passat kit for a manual swap right?

Any upgraded lower IC Pipes available now or in the future for an ALH golf?
Sorry but not likely. I'll build them on the car for a customer, but there's just too many possible combinations to make a one fits all kit. ID Parts already has pipe kits in stock anyway.

Freestyle72

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI
You're talking about the passat kit for a manual swap right?
I don't know what you mean by kit. I want a 240mm flywheel that I can use in my 01e that I already have a 240mm clutch and PP for. It will be in a B5 a4 chassis.

Rockwell

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI (R.I.P.), 1.6TD Toyota pickup, 2011 BMW 335d, 1996 Passat TDI
Do you machine the AHU pump bracket for the ALH? pump

Whitbread

TDI
Several
I'm apologize for inconvenience this may cause, however from this time on, I will not be taking any new orders for fabricated parts, appointments for performance work/installs, or cylinder head porting. I will continue sale of any stocked parts or parts from companies I'm a distributor for.

With my new schedule leaving much less time to devote to my business, I've become unbelievably backed up with work/orders and I need to take care of my valued customers. Once again, I apologize for any issues this may cause anyone.