What's the value on my 2003 Jetta TDI Manual

filfy

TDI
2003 Jetta and 2012 Passat
What do you guys think its worth or could be sold for?

2003 Jetta gl tdi Manual
Mileage: 214,000
One owner

Condition: Running fine, but needs some TLC.

Interior:
Cloth Upholstery has stains and a burn hole. Should be either covered or redone.
Glove compartment locking system broke, held together with magnetic kit from ebay.
Gear shift bag needs to be replaced, its worn.

Mechanical: It runs just fine. Will need Timing Belt soon, it was done at 120,000.
Tires, needs two new front tires, I’m probably replacing those this week myself.

Mechanical History: Have recently replaced the fuel pump and there was an issue with coolant hose that was fixed. It was serviced with dealer up until 100k miles, then I did oil changes and maintenance regularly with a local tdi mechanic.

Exterior: No real dings, the front and rear bumpers need some work. Paint is good, since the car was garaged indoors for work and up till recently at home.

Check Engine light: the check engine light came on after the first timing belt change which I mistakenly did with the dealership. The light came on after the service was done and when I returned to have them check it out, they said it was just dust that was causing the light to come on. Well, its been on since then. A local mechanic told me that the computer is registering something with the MAF and the coolant system. As stated above the hose broke and was replaced not sure if that is the issue.
Accidents: It was in one accident. I was rear ended at a low speed, but the rear bumper was replaced.

The car runs fine and has been a great car that I have driven with confidence. I’m selling because I got a new Passat tdi.

I was thinking of fixing the vehicle and selling it, but honestly I don’t have time. Ideally this car would be for a mechanic or someone that can work on it themselves.

joe4324

TDI
99.5 A4 ALH
I have been looking for a long time, off the hip I would say you could make a quick sale around 4, milk it for maybe 5, But I'm guessing the CE light and the 'accident' on the carfax report are going to be worse for you than the mileage.

Maybe since I am a buyer people will think I am low ;)

filfy

TDI
Thanks for the input Joe, I guess I should pull a CarFax and see what it says. I was thinking the real problem would be the wear on the interior as the accident was minimal in my opinion.

chudzikb

Veteran Member
TDI
05.5 Jetta 03 Golf 2 door
I got 7,500 for mine, but, I had a lot of extras, and better interior. Better steering wheel, and a spare NIB injection pump. Oh, and another set of wheels. My cars when I sell them come with a parts horde.

draco76

Veteran Member
TDI
99 NB(sold), 03 NB(sold), 100% bug free :) 99.5 4d Golf, 2004 GL Wagon
You can alwasy find a junk yard car and exchange interiors, or toss a seat cover on it and stick it on craigslist for 5k easy.

joe4324

TDI
99.5 A4 ALH
That pump alone was worth $700 right?

I got 7,500 for mine, but, I had a lot of extras, and better interior. Better steering wheel, and a spare NIB injection pump. Oh, and another set of wheels. My cars when I sell them come with a parts horde.

filfy

TDI
Draco, thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking that the seat covers would be a quick fix, but I didn't think of the junk yard idea.

AndyL29

TDI
1998 Beetle tdi
200k worth of service records?

Clutch?

Did the car overheat when leaking coolant?

Car wont pass smog with CEL on, gotta be fixed first either by you or me, this and the need of a TB will effect value regardless. i;m noit interested in new tires, will take as is.

CLean title in your name?

If you would like to sell, I'm a local cash buyer, PM me or email at vwalhtdi@gmail.com.

Andy

Last edited: