Battery disconnect and radio code ??

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
I'm about to start my Volk-L install and need to know if I can disconnect the battery without having to reprogram the radio code. Heck I don't even know if there is a radio code on my car, its an 06 w/sat radio, 6 disk radio. Can anyone tell me if I need to find a code or not. Thanks in advance.

Jason

Windjammer

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 & Mk5
Your stereo definitely has a code & you should find it. The radio should turn on when the ecu recognises it. I don't have the code for my 2000 Jetta & it took about 1/2 for the radio to operate.

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
Fantastic gentleman! Thank you for the help. I will begin this afternoon. There isn't anything else I should know about disconnecting the battery on this car is there? Like anything that needs to be relearned or reprogrammed? Thanks again for the help.

Jason

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Had my battery out for about a week when I did my clutch. Radio did not require a code and even remembered the presets.

When you reconect the battery, the car relearns every thing except the window pinch protection. To readapt the pinch protection, roll eack window all the way down and all the way up.

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
This is great news for me! Now I can get to work. Thanks again guys, this has got to be the most helpful forum I've been on.

Jason

FowVay

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta returned to der Führer
I removed my battery yesterday in my '09 model just to vacuum some dirt and ensure everything was as it should be. When I reconnected the battery after about 2 hours of out time my ESP light lit on the dash and the steering wheel icon came on. I briefly panicked until I read the manual and it stated that these items would reset after a very brief drive.

The only data that was lost was my clock and trip odometer information. Radio and all other memories remained set.

I apologize for the '09 information but I had two cents burning a hole in my pocket and thought I'd throw them out here. :eek:)