2005 Jetta TDI Wagon 5 speed

cditch13

TDI
None
For sale is a 2005 Jetta TDI wagon with a 5 speed. Power everything, leather interior 54k miles. This is my grandparents car so since they aren't too internet saavy I am selling it for them. It has a new engine that was replaced under warranty (Around 39k Miles) and a new turbo (Just done) that was also installed by the dealer. Call for specific details. Price is 19k.
410-507-0977 (Tom)
Car is currently located about ten minutes south of Annapolis, MD.

Last edited:

urname7698

Veteran Member
TDI
Shopping
Nice looking wagon.. you might want to list what mileage the motor was replaced at and the turbo

biobill

TDI
05 Jetta wagon, 93 Cabriolet
new engine and turbo???

I'm very curious why first an entire engine and then a turbo were replaced on a low mileage TDI. Kind of scares me to tell the truth.

cditch13

TDI
None
It wasn't a maintenance issue at all, all maintenance done at the dealership and there is a record of all that maintenance. The engine seized when the turbo pulled all the oil out of the engine into the exhaust.

nedloh99

TDI
None
How much are you looking to get for the car?

Or to put it another way...If I were to show up at your door today with a bag of money, how much would have to be in that bag for you to sell me the car?

-Jay

cditch13

TDI
None
So far he has gotten offers from people clear across the country and shipping a car is pain so anyone on the east coast that is interested pick up the phone and call the owner. The price is NEGOTIABLE.

pdxgrease

Veteran Member
TDI
none
shipping a car is easy. all it takes is a week from east to west coast. I shipped a full size dodge pickup from NC to OR for $1200.

cditch13

TDI
None
My grandfather is picking the car up tomorrow and dropping it off somewhere in VA so I'll find out then. I know he didn't want to take less than 17k for it...

pdxgrease

Veteran Member
TDI
none
thats a fair price, I dont know why ppl are b*tchn about blue book. AS IF these cars are moving at book value. Like OMG get a clue ;P Actually if that car was on the west coast it could fetch 20-22k.

nedloh99

TDI
None
Yup

Ownership history for the Autotrader car says Florida /Maryland., so I'd say same car!

-N

pdxgrease

Veteran Member
TDI
none
what did i tell you. I said it was underpriced. The tdiclub is unfortunately the worst place to sell a car if you need to make a buck. Good place to buy one though ;)

Dreamsinger

TDI
'03 Jetta wagon
What it's worth depends on where you live. In Seattle good used diesels just don't go on the market...period and the few that do sell for extravagent prices. I bought Jetta and Mercedes from the East Coast on Ebay sight unseen. I could sell either of them here and make a few grand on them.