B3/B4 Seats

pharmerman

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat, maroon (gone but not forgotten), 2002 Passat GLX v-6 Manual
Does anyone know if these seats are totally interchangable?? I'm considering a leather upgrade in my B4 but the seats are out of a B3. Were any of the B3 leather seats heated??

pharmerman

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat, maroon (gone but not forgotten), 2002 Passat GLX v-6 Manual
I read on the other heated seat thread that it's pretty much plug and play if you get the harness from the other vehicle. I've located a couple of sources and I will give it a go I think. I've even found some in the tan color that won't mess up my current color scheme. If anybody here has any tan leather from a '95 to '97 Passat that they'd consider selling please email me with an ask price. I'm also looking for leather door inserts. Thanks!!

jck66

Top Post Dawg
TDI
12 Passat SE / 14 BMW 535d
I think the B3 seats ought to fit, but don't know for sure. Why don't you ask about the B3 heaters on the vortex in the Passat section? FWIW, the leather panels (in the seats) are different B3-B4, but unless you see them next to each other like I did, nobody will notice.

Also, to get the leather door inserts, you have to buy the whole door panel. These are more difficult to find because many yards want you to take the whole door. Unless you show up to disassemble it yourself maybe (worked for me
). Try calling places on Car-part.com and ask them about availability.

Good luck!