What did you do to your car today?

darkhorse

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Golf GLS, '01 Dodge/Cummins
Farfromovin said:
Yikes, that's a tall order :D
It's taking bigger bucks to get more bang now.:( I handed over my PD 150's to Fedex today. Drivebywire should see them next week.

PeeWee

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon, 97 Passat Sedan
How did he get up on the roof!!!

glitdi said:
took pictures of the hit and run on my freshly waxed Jetta.
Also had a scratch on bumper painted two days before.
Good thing is a good samaritan got the plate number and the name of the company that owned the truck. Called the business gave em ****. No money out of my pocket however still a pisser.
">">

penclnck

Mounted and balanced new tires on the blue wagon. $70 refund from Michelin and a $40 refund back from VWoA.... woot. Wife's car doesn't need tires, but I went ahead and picked up a set of tires for her car and put them in storage.

Sprayed down the engine bay, twice a year kind of thing and it still looks like new under the hood.... who says diesels are dirty? Shined up the plastic and rubber on the exterior of the car and applied some stickers to the doors, I'm ready for SoWo.

glitdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Tdi asv motor in a mk3 golf, om642 in a wk jeep
Pee wee
It was a garbage truck piece of particle board was unsecured.
flew out and hit my car.... real pisser.
The good news is that all the scratches buffed out with a little elbow grease and a clay bar.
The good news is I settled with the company and got a few bucks to add to the next upgrade fund on the tdi:D

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
I finally have a fully functional Boost and EGT gauge. Hooked the boost gauge and it works Great. It is abowt time..

zaeli

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 golf 175k (totaled, sold) 2000 golf tdi 375k (Malone 1.5) 2002 green diesel bug
Oil change @169,600 (total/mann kit from idparts)
Undercarriage inspection.

TopherDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Installed DC Stage I clutch - throw out bearing gave up the ghost after 185K miles.

Took a while but it got done and it feels really great - same petal weight as stock if not lighter but the old one was OLD!

Any tips about break-in?

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
Good Job! I need to change my throw out bearing too on my Jetta and I am dreading R&R the tranny.

When I got a new clutch, I just drove mine normally (i.e. without burning rubber or popping the clutch drag racing style) for the first 600 miles. Also I made sure the clutch was fully engaged before pushing hard on the go pedal and transferring a lot of torque to the wheels.....

TopherDI said:
Installed DC Stage I clutch - throw out bearing gave up the ghost after 185K miles.

Took a while but it got done and it feels really great - same petal weight as stock if not lighter but the old one was OLD!

Any tips about break-in?

Last edited:

sobots

TDI
03 Golf
Installed nozzles, DG race pipe, and an O/R downpipe. It was actually kind of fun. I must be sick.

FlashT

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 NB - sold
I did a few things to my car:

1.) I cleaned the intake manifold with Deafbug's tutorial.

2.) I blocked off the EGR with a plate, plugged the vacuum line, and did not get a CEL (yet).

3.) I ordered VCDS (KII-USB) from Ross-tech and got a 10% discount.

truck

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI GLS sedan, manual 67k mi
I changed the batteries in my two key fobs, and the intermittent non-op/weirdness is no more.

I gave myself a tiny scratch with a pairing knife opening the sucker: trivial, but the first blood for the Jetta. Certainly won't be the last... :^)

Tim

TopherDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
tothemax said:
Good Job! I need to change my throw out bearing too on my Jetta and I am dreading R&R the tranny.

When I got a new clutch, I just drove mine normally (i.e. without burning rubber or popping the clutch drag racing style) for the first 600 miles. Also I made sure the clutch was fully engaged before pushing hard on the go pedal and transferring a lot of torque to the wheels.....
Air makes all the difference in the world - would have taken another 3-4 hrs without it. Only thing is that you have to be careful not to strip anything out with it.

Got after the clutch a little - no burnouts or anything, but definitely got through them pretty quickly. Not my fault though - the ice cream was going to melt ;)

Scottsman

TDI
Jetta TDI Cup Edition
I ordered VCDS (HEX-USB+CAN) from Ross-tech and got a 10% discount. :D Sale ends today at midnight! :(
Take care,
Scottsman

chirishboy

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 5spd
Put on the 225/45/17 tires ($100). Retinted the 10 yr old windows (15% @$135). Had the headliner redone since it was flapping like a sail ($150).

Much past due and much needed TLC...

darkhorse

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Golf GLS, '01 Dodge/Cummins
DG bypass filter

I installed my Diesel Geek bypass filter today. That oil pressure switch is a bugger to get at. Just plugging the connector back on was the hardest part of the job. I had to snug up the fitting for the oil lines on the filter cap to stop the weep but it was sure interesting to see how much cleaner the oil looked from the return line than the feed line. Way to go Amzoil! :cool:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Drove it over a thousand miles this weekend to the impex GTG and back. Took my wife along and we both had an awesome time..

car ran flawlessly and didn't skip a beat.

itchytweed

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Sportwagen
Washed Gretchen and did the front window with ceramic stovetop cleaner to remove all the grunge that would not come off.

Also put on door seal gel on all the rubber seals.

johnsdr

TDI
Bug
I want to customize the interior on my 1996 Passat

Need to replace the center console arm rest, and need some better cup holders. Any ideas?

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Put on the red TDI badge

and immediately took it off. Did not like Chrome edges around the letters... Thoughts they did not fit well with the blacked VW badge. Nice thing is I did not have to fight off the glue with GooGone or anything... left no marks to clean up.

Last edited:

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
What a great frickin idea!!! Black would look good. I know I can always count on you for your taste and looks related stuff. I will sand them down and try that mat black. Wanted be a little different on the side .. Like the GTI's have it on the left.

Farfromovin said:
It didn't look right cause it was on the wrong side :p Why don't you paint them black?

2Goldens

TDI
2009 White Jetta TDI
Went for a drive today, around 100 miles. Opened it up and man does this car fly. Ran like a champ. Nice day for a drive with the sunroof open.