www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5) and other V6 TDIs

Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5) and other V6 TDIs Discussions area for Audi Q7 and Q5 TDI (2009+ in Canada & the US) as well as others with the V6 TDI such as the A6, A7 and A8 sedans.

Old April 17th, 2020, 07:20   #61
Pittdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDeeds View Post
Hey Pittdawg- I have! Iíve had it on for the last ~80 miles and love it. The shifts are much better: they are faster, the gears are no longer held at awkward RPMS (which happened after I deleted, straight piped, and tuned) and they donít jerk nearly as hard as before when going from a stop to driving; the car feels much better and overall more refined. When I put my car into dynamic mode, the difference is huge. The car shifts incredibly fast. Apparently the car is still ďlearningĒ during the first 100mi after the TCM tune is installed. One of the biggest reasons I got the TCM tune is because I plan on getting a bigger turbo along with an upgraded fuel pump in the future (Iíve already communicated with Darkside Developments regarding the specific pump upgrade) and wanted to make sure my transmission could hold the increased torque and hp. I believe the tune was worth the money and install was very simple. Install took about ~7min total which includes the 5min idle time after installing.
Thanks for the update. Please remind me which one you went with, the 240ps model?
Pittdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2020, 10:29   #62
DieselDeeds

Fuel Economy: ~31mpg AVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittdawg View Post
Thanks for the update. Please remind me which one you went with, the 240ps model?

Yup! The 240ps model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DieselDeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2020, 11:17   #63
Pittdawg

Quote:
Yup! The 240ps model.

Just purchased one. Needed something to break up the monotony of this Coronavirus lockdown!
Old April 20th, 2020, 13:11   #64
DieselDeeds

Oh nice! Just make sure you read the instructions and follow them for installation. Let me know what you think after you install the TCM tune and drive it ~100mi. Iím looking forward to hearing your review.

Old April 22nd, 2020, 11:00   #65
Pittdawg

Quote:
Oh nice! Just make sure you read the instructions and follow them for installation. Let me know what you think after you install the TCM tune and drive it ~100mi. Iím looking forward to hearing your review.

Just had it delivered this morning and installed it right away. Went for about a 10 mile or so drive to go through the rev ranges in the different driving modes. Definitely seems to shift both faster and smoother. The biggest difference I noticed is the downshifting in Sport/Dynamic is now smooth whereas before it was super jerky and suffered from excessive engine braking. I now enjoy Sport/Dynamic mode much more.
Old April 24th, 2020, 18:26   #66
DieselDeeds

I couldnít agree more. The shifts in sport/dynamic mode are insane now.

Old May 6th, 2020, 23:28   #67
DieselDeeds

Default Question! Just straight piped my Q5Ė Turning into Deedsí Q5 TDI Ownership Log

Just sound deadened the rest of my trunk (pulled the battery) and the rear hatch. I had to change my tail light anyway because it was leaking water to the inside so I figured I might as well sound deaden the hatch while I had everything pulled apart. Unfortunately I had to buy an entire tail light since the whole unit is full of LEDs and a bulb canít just be pulled. BUT! - I scored a good deal on the tail light through a guy on offer up who had a wrecked Q5!!

Leaky taillight vs new one

Rear hatch sound deadened

Rear trunk sound deadened:

I also sound deadened my rear doors a while back but didnít take any pictures. The sound difference is definitely noticeable- very big difference. I plan to do the front doors sometime soon and will take pics!

Last edited by DieselDeeds; May 7th, 2020 at 00:38.