Proud Owner of a new Jetta TDI

dmsJetta

Picked up my Jetta from the dealership two days ago, it's a TDI w/DSG. I've enjoyed putting the first few hundred kilometres on it, and I'm already noticing the great mileage. It's a black exterior with the fabric interior. I'll get some pictures up soon. Not thinking of modding this car to the extreme, just some subtle things to compliment the stock look. In the near future i'll be getting some tint on the windows...I've read these forums, and they seem to be a great/helpful place for TDI enthusiasts.

Almost 6 years later...

Last edited:

wjdell

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG PKG 1 17" VV Campy White/Beige
congrats and welcome

If you have a DSG I would like to encourage you to register in the DSG data base. By having this data base we can track the dsg by production date. Link below

dmsJetta

Yea will do, the car now 4400 Km's on it and it running well, The mileage is getting better with every tank. The last two tanks I have averaged 800 KM a tank, and I know its going to get better.

Just had the windows tinted, 35% Front, 20% Rear/Rear Windshield. I'll have pics up later tonight.:D

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
I would like to see this tint. We are considering either your same set up or 35% all around

dmsJetta

I was also trying to decide between 20% all around, 35% all around or a combination of both. I like the way it turned out, and if you take a quick glance at the car the difference between the fronts and backs isnt highly noticable. I really think the dark interior helps it out.

dmsJetta

Here they are......

Sorry for the late reply, but I have been busy...I snapped a few photos after i nice washing. Tint's are 35% in the front and 20% in the back.;)

I'll get some day/night shots ASAP.

Txst

Veteran Member
TDI
Shadow Blue 06 Jetta TDI
Congrats DMSJetta!!! Where are you from? I've never heard of Mississagua...The car looks really nice! Welcome:)

Last edited:

Txst

Veteran Member
TDI
Shadow Blue 06 Jetta TDI
dmsJetta said:
:D Bill's got it, very far....South-Western Ontario, Canada type of far.
OK, I guess that is why you were able to get cloth seats and those tires. Don't know for sure but I don't think those are available here...at least I haven't seen them. Not that I mind...I really like the leatherette. Is yours an 06 or an 06.5? I'm guessing an 06.5 since I don't see chrome around the windows. But I don't know the options you guys get over there.

Last edited: