Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

crazyrunner33

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf(bought back)
Nope, this was at the local shell station. I think it was a problem with the pump because the sign said 2.76 and the pump said 1.76.

crazyrunner33

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf(bought back)
Bob_Fout said:
/me fills a 500 gallon container with $1.76 D2 :)
After I filled up the Jetta I rushed home and I checked the blue jeep, full, the white one was also full:(, then I reliazed the truck had 80 gallon capacity, checked the truck, oh yeah i filled that up already too:mad:. Now wait the tractor, nope thats full. Well then that means the yellow diesel can would be empty, nope it was full. Oh well easy come easy go:rolleyes:.

Tuneman07

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Jetta TDI
something similar to this happened awhile back at a BP before I got my TDI. I filled up and it charged me 26 cents/gallon. This was when gas was running about 2 or 225 lol. I called all my friends and they all went to the pump to top off at 26 cents/gallon.

Dante

Veteran Member
TDI
Silver 2000 Golf GLS TDI
$3.15/gallon for 100 gallons of B99 or B100 at Dr. Dan's in Seattle (I was at the end of the 100 gallons I bought for $3.00 a gallon)

BoostdJetta

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta TDI 5spd
Up until 2006 there was the CRD Liberty, maybe starting 05 or 04? It wasn't very long and was killed by the EPA's new regulations. They also had plans to put a diesel in the Grand Cherokee as well.

Still $2.79-2.89 here, getting my B20 at $2.79.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
BoostdJetta said:
Up until 2006 there was the CRD Liberty, maybe starting 05 or 04? It wasn't very long and was killed by the EPA's new regulations. They also had plans to put a diesel in the Grand Cherokee as well.
The Liberty CRD was not killed by the EPA. Jeep only ordered X number of engines from VM Motori, which was supposed to be enough for several years. Instead the demand was stronger than expected and all were sold in about two years or less -- and VM Motori had no excess capacity to build more engines.

Also, the Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD is currently available in 45 states or so.
http://blogs.motortrend.com/6209107...grand-cherokee-crd-turbodiesel-4x4/index.html

Toms_2003_GT

TDI
None
I guess the majority of US drivers still believe that the modern diesel is still a noisy, stinky, slow, clatterbox of a motor..............like the General Motors diesels from the late 1970's to the mid 1980, unless you are driving a 2500 series Powerstroke (aka PowerFlamethrower), Cummings or Duracrap ;)

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
Price gap closing here. The Qwik Trip I go to has RUG for 2.99 and diesel at 2.89. I've heard that rug is 2.89 in the Kenosha area.

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
Something for the conspiracy people

Gas Prices Expected to Rise at Pump
Friday June 15, 12:48 pm ET
By John Wilen, AP Business Writer Gas Prices Expected to Rise at Pump As Futures Rally Continues on This Week's Inventory Report
NEW YORK (AP) -- Gasoline futures extended their rally Friday, raising the prospect that prices at the pump will reverse course and again head higher in the coming weeks. Oil futures moved above $68 a barrel.
[SIZE=-2]ADVERTISEMENT[/SIZE]
if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();window.yzq_d['Y4s_CNhtfFg-']='&U=13b9rq0lr%2fN%3dY4s_CNhtfFg-%2fC%3d572159.10656569.11281026.1383221%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d4567332';
Retail gasoline prices, which typically lag the futures market, fell again by 1.4 cents overnight to a national average price of $3.029 a gallon, according to AAA and the Oil Price Information Service. Prices peaked at $3.227 a gallon on May 24.
"Unfortunately, I think this is about as good as it gets," said Tom Kloza, publisher and chief oil analyst at the Oil Price Information Service.
That's because gasoline futures have risen sharply in the wake of a government report on Wednesday that shocked traders by showing gasoline inventories remained flat as refineries used less of their capacity than they had the week before.
Also boosting prices on Friday was a lower-than-expected core inflation figure, which encouraged investors to move money from fixed income investments to commodities.
Gasoline for July jumped 4.42 cents to $2.2689 a gallon on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Light, sweet crude rose 52 cents to $68.17 a barrel in midday trading. Brent crude for August delivery rose 29 cents to $74.12 a barrel on London's ICE Futures exchange.
Also on the Nymex, heating oil futures rose less than a penny to $2.02 a gallon while natural gas prices added 17.1 cents to $7.979 per 1,000 cubic feet.
Analysts said traders continued to react to Wednesday's report by the Energy Department's Energy Information Administration.
"The report we got this week ... that was just incredibly disappointing and extremely bullish," said James Cordier, president of Liberty Trading Group, in Tampa, Fla.
The report showed that refinery utilization, which had been expected to grow by 0.8 percent, fell 0.4 percent to 89.2 percent, the second straight weekly decline, in the week ended June 8. Most analysts say refineries should be using 94 percent to 95 percent of their capacity at this time of year.
The report also showed gasoline inventories unchanged at 201.5 million barrels last week. Analysts surveyed by Dow Jones Newswires had expected inventories to rise by 2 million barrels.
The report killed any sentiment that the domestic refining industry, beset by an unusual number of outages this spring, has recovered. Analysts have warned for months that the industry is not producing enough gasoline to meet summer driving demand, which typically peaks between the July 4 and Labor Day holidays.
"The thing about those numbers is everybody knew that they (were) going to be struggling to keep up with gasoline demand as it was ... but they didn't seem to make any progress refining-wise," said Tobin Gorey, a commodity strategist with the Commonwealth Bank of Australia in Sydney.
On Friday there were new reports that Corpus Christi, Texas, refineries owned by Valero Energy Corp. and Flint Hills Resources were temporarily shutting down equipment for maintenance.
"We needed some big builds (in gas inventories)," said Cordier. "We got one or two big builds, then this figure just threw cold water on it."
The report attracted hedge funds and technical buying, analysts said, further adding to the price increases. Before Thursday, crude oil had not settled above $67 a barrel since September.
"We're going to probably rally until we see another figure next week," Cordier said.
However, Kloza doubts the rally will continue much longer. He thinks futures will trade in a defined range of a few dollars for oil, and 10 to 20 cents for gasoline, rather than breaking out to new highs.
"I do not believe this is the beginning of another tremendous bounce," Kloza said.
Retail gas will follow suit, he said: It won't fall any further, but it also won't jump back to late May's records.
Cordier said energy futures prices are also being supported by Friday's core inflation figure, which a government report said rose a lower-than-expected 0.1 percent. That dampened sentiment the Federal Reserve will raise interest rates. Investors flee equity and commodities markets for fixed income investments when interest rates are believed to be on their way up, Cordier explained. When investors think rates will hold steady or fall, they're more likely to invest in commodities, he said.
"It relieves downward pressure on commodities," Cordier said. "The core figure on inflation today kind of took the cap off the market."
Associated Press Writers Pablo Gorondi, in Budapest, and Gillian Wong, in Singapore, contributed to this report.

ATLSilverTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Special Edition Jetta - Silver
You have to shop.

Pilot truck stop 2.75 LSD 2.81 for credit cards
Texaco 2.74 ULSD, further off the highway
Shell 2.89 ULSD (same neighborhood as above)
Shell by work $3.19 ULSD
Citgo by home $2.99
Citgo by work $3.19
Citgo 2.89, B20 also available 2.98

In the city of Atlanta I have seen Diesel pretty close to 3.19 a gallon at various stations, and companies not listed above, such as BP etc.

The only thing I can figure is that Shell is selling "Premium" diesel for the 3.19. While the LSD is the cheapest, not sure if it is worth it. Oh, I went to a quicktrip, paid 2.64 a gallon, but that was large nozzle, so won't be going back there again.

XLR8R

TDI
2001 Jetta 5 speed
Corona, CA

I bought Shell ULSD in Corona, CA yesterday for $3.03. It is up 4 cents from last week. RUG is now about the same price at ARCO. What's up with that!?! :confused: Happy dieseling!!!! :D

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
XLR8R said:
I bought Shell ULSD in Corona, CA yesterday for $3.03. It is up 4 cents from last week. RUG is now about the same price at ARCO. What's up with that!?!
I think that, basically, it means California is getting back to a reasonable balance between supply and demand. I think we have one of the smaller refineries off-line for a couple weeks, just routine maintenance, but everything else is okay.

Imports have played a big role in pushing gasoline prices down. It just took 6 or 8 weeks to get enough of it here to make a difference.

I've seen some stations raise their ULSD price by a few cents, but other stations are cheaper than a week or two ago. Spot diesel in LA has been stuck between $2.10-2.20 for nearly two months, and this shows up on my own spreadsheet as I've paid $2.90-3.00 during this period.

$3.03 is cheap for Shell fuel. I never buy from them, as they usually charge $0.10-0.30 more than Arco or other low-priced stations.

Thunderstruck

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GTI SE 6M
Prices have been pretty stable here in the midwest too. (Although much too high in my opinion.) Went up 4 cents at one station several weeks ago, and have been stuck at that price point ever since. Best I've seen in my limited travels is 2.92 immediately west of O'Hare, but I get 45 MPG for my weekly driving, so I don't care that much. (Had the SGII up to 54 on an expressway drive last night at 59 MPH! Makes getting passed up by almost every vehicle on the road worth it.)
Edit: The station above, Speedway on Touhy dropped the price today from 2.99 to 2.92.

Last edited:

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
ULSD w/B10: $2.61 on Saturday, $2.65 on Sunday - Pilot on I-94 in Burns Harbor, IN. 1st time using B10, so not sure if better to stick with B0, which is same price at Flying J in Portage, IN.

With Chicago area ULSD at $3 I'm thankful 95% of fillups happen as I cruise through NW IN.

ATLSilverTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Special Edition Jetta - Silver
2.78 at texaco,
2.79 at pilot 2.85 credit
3.19 at shell, dont know why it is so expensive