Pittsburgh GTG - Oct 14th

astonishedboy

Veteran Member
TDI
Y2k Golf, Black Mariah
Let's do this again!
Saturday the 14th of October, at my place in Sewickley. Id like to get a head count on who can make it. I sent out messages to all who came in June. Hope to see yinz again.

There is alot of work to be done on my TDI. Some fun and some not so fun. Suspension, Sprint Injectors, Intake cleaning, Steering wheel, and diagnosing an oil leak. Hopefully I'll get some of that done by the 14th so I can hang out, but I may need some help with the oil leak.

Jeff Robertson of rocketchip will not be able to make it, as he will be at Old Navy's GTG the same day. We may try to reschedule something before winter gets too ugly.

Post what you want to work on, and we'll make sure we have all the tools.

I've got the latest Vag-Com here.
And a set of Steel Wheels for sale if any one is looking for a Winter Tire Set (tires not included)

cheese,
Frank

CGR

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI manual. Silver/Black
If I bring any of my girls to put on a show, nothing will get done on the cars.

Is anyone coming that has the tools, the know how, and is willing to advance my timing? It has been 30K since I had the new TB put on and my timing has retarded to the bottom of the graph on the vag-com from TB stretch and the car has to chug a time or two on the cold mornings to start. Would really like to get the timing back up to the top of the graph or just a little over the top since it starts way better in the cold weather that way.

I can come for a while early, but will need to get home to catch a few hours sleep before work.

I have experience with the intake cleaning, get some oven cleaner. I took my intake off and went to the local carwash and pressure washed the crap out of it. Most of the gunk came right out except for where I could not get the water stream to directly hit the inside surface. Spray the oven cleaner in there to soak and then pressure wash again to blow the rest of the crap out. It worked like a charm and my intake was spotless when I was done.

Greg

Last edited:

Metalnerd

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 Passat TDI Storm Grey
I will try to catch the early portion of the day and can help tweak Greg's timing.
Better send me directions again...