www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old May 9th, 2018, 19:21   #1726
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

You have been posting pretty much at least weekly since February and participated in the discussion on this. The details were posted here too. You even posted the relevant parts on 3/1/2018.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.p...postcount=1189

List your details and check the relevant items. You posted you have 13 tdi's and are a dealer. Lots of checking to do.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.p...&postcount=969

2015 Beetle TDI.
Lightflyer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2018, 06:00   #1727
mirtdi

TDI(s): 10 Jetta
Default Vw back to their old games Again no suprize

Expect errors when filling a claim and to wait 5 business days for them to fix the error then wait another 10 business days to review your submission. Look out very much of the same delays, have to love their consistency in making the process as slow as possible.

Error below:
An error has occurred. Please contact the TDI Settlement Support Team at 1-(844) 98-CLAIM during the hours of 7 AM to 11 PM ET.Error Code 9999 ( Build number 926 )

Fix advised was to try different browsers, change your prefferred dealership, i did this in chrome, firefox, edge and apple still same error, seems like a convenient error on their system, you think they would stick by their original statement. Vw " Working to make things right"

https://www.greencarreports.com/news...e-things-right

Your canned statement of the day is:

If the issue is not resolved within 3-5 business days please contact us back.

Good Luck everyone
mirtdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2018, 09:40   #1728
jibberjive
Veteran Member

TDI(s): MK7 GSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtdi View Post
Expect errors when filling a claim and to wait 5 business days for them to fix the error then wait another 10 business days to review your submission. Look out very much of the same delays, have to love their consistency in making the process as slow as possible.

Error below:
An error has occurred. Please contact the TDI Settlement Support Team at 1-(844) 98-CLAIM during the hours of 7 AM to 11 PM ET.Error Code 9999 ( Build number 926 )

Fix advised was to try different browsers, change your prefferred dealership, i did this in chrome, firefox, edge and apple still same error, seems like a convenient error on their system, you think they would stick by their original statement. Vw " Working to make things right"

https://www.greencarreports.com/news...e-things-right

Your canned statement of the day is:

If the issue is not resolved within 3-5 business days please contact us back.

Good Luck everyone
I obviously have no idea if that is intentional or not, but everybody that encounters this should take a screenshot and jot down some notes (date that it happened, at which point it happened during the claim submission, etc). In case this does turn out to be endemic and exclusive to salvage title claims, this could possibly be worth having in the event of a later lawsuit (if needed). Better to have the info than not.
jibberjive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2018, 17:40   #1729
vincentld

TDI(s): 2011 JSW TDI
Fuel Economy: 38-42

I had the same error pop up. You need to make sure the PDF is "non interactive".

What I found is that when you attempt to print the document it converts it to non interactive. You don't actually need to print it but just save that copy that it wants to print under a different name. It then allowed me to upload doc.

There may be an easier way, but that worked.
vincentld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2018, 15:28   #1730
johtdi

TDI(s): Jetta
Default files

what format are you using, i tried a pdf that was scanned to send back, but i received the same error message. Maybe take photos send in as a jpg or ? Was given a fax number too, i did that but still not reflecting as received anyone else having this issue?

248-754-6602
johtdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2018, 10:02   #1731
vincentld

TDI(s): 2011 JSW TDI
Fuel Economy: 38-42

You will need to convert your PDF to a non editable version. At least that is what I did.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1004168

"the task is to take an editable PDF form and make it "static" - completely uneditable.
Instead of saving the file, choose Print, Select Adobe PDF as your printer and give it a new file name when prompted"
vincentld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2018, 14:18   #1732
jaron_denson

Does anyone know what has worked for Proof of Operability? My vehicle falls a month before the 6/28/16 deadline and I was not the owner of the vehicle at that time. I need to somehow have a low bar to cross with as little information as possible.

Any Ideas on how to obtain previous owner information?

Any idea on how to find previous licence plate #'s for vehicle?

Located in California.
jaron_denson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2018, 05:14   #1733
jeffcapp99
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaron_denson View Post
Does anyone know what has worked for Proof of Operability? My vehicle falls a month before the 6/28/16 deadline and I was not the owner of the vehicle at that time. I need to somehow have a low bar to cross with as little information as possible.
Located in California.

Many of us are trying to figure out how to satisfy this requirement. Per the agreement, VW needs proof of operability for any vehicle (clean title or salvage) it repurchases. It has not required this information for clean titles, but VW runs a carfax and if the vehicle was totaled prior to 6/28/16, then it is requiring it.
jeffcapp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2018, 06:54   #1734
WISCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaron_denson View Post
Located in California.
If you have good records, use the following:

- License plate assigned or transferred to vehicle at time of titling
- License plate renewal
- Emissions check at time of license renewal or titling
- Copy of previous owners title if bought with rebuilt (I keep a copy of all titles for vehicles purchased)
- Certificate of rebuilt title either your own or one assigned at time of purchase
- Repair bill or parking ticket
- Watch Perry Mason and then write a convincing summary explaining why the collection of documents submitted proves operability.

I'm sure there are other options, but you're proving that beyond a doubt the vehicle can legally be driven on the road. That is all that really natters. Option B is to pull a carfax and submit that as part of your argument.

Last edited by WISCO; May 15th, 2018 at 06:56.
WISCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2018, 08:40   #1735
xcdhracer15
Veteran Member

has anyone successfully scheduled a turn-in date?
xcdhracer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2018, 08:55   #1736
jeffcapp99
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcdhracer15 View Post
I scheduled early June.
jeffcapp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2018, 11:48   #1737
fookin
Veteran Member

TDI(s): A3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcdhracer15 View Post
next week for me
fookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2018, 06:23   #1738
xcdhracer15
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fookin View Post
next week for me
do you know if a current registration is required for turn-in ? My reg expired end of March, car has been parked since knowing buyback was soon.
xcdhracer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2018, 07:29   #1739
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

Not needed for anything but being legal to drive it up there. Tow it or take your chances of getting a ticket.

2015 Beetle TDI.
Lightflyer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2018, 22:03   #1740
15tdijetta

TDI(s): 15 jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkhalil123 View Post
I was recently out of the country for work and just heard they set this feb 26 date to get rebuilt title, I got rebuilt title 2 months ago.. will they accept it
My title is dated March 1st because the DMV messed up and forgot to charge me a $2 fee and mailed me title application back. I got my denial email from VW a few weeks ago. I had a current registration on the car and was legally driving it before the Feb 26th date. I submitted my claim to CRC and they just sent me an email that it is being reviewed. My car is otherwise eligible for buyback.
15tdijetta is offline   Reply With Quote