***The Driving Game*** - picture scavenger hunt v2

SkeeterMark

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI 6M

Current Challenge: (#813) Your TDI with with the capital of your state, province, or country.

Minnesota State Capitol Building in St. Paul.

Noob for the win?

Edit: Anyone want to share a nice, streamline technique for submitting via mobile device.

Last edited:

Forza91

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL TDI, 2004 Golf GLS TDI
Looks good. As far as mobile goes, tapatalk seems to be the best but with the initial app price and image hosting, it comes out to be like six or seven bucks. There are a myriad of image hosting sites with mobile apps that you can upload with. They will just require more steps.

SkeeterMark

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI 6M
Thanks for the info Forza.

Then, moving on .... since it is a "scavenger" hunt ....(and if it's not a repeat)....

Current Challenge: (#814) Your TDI with with a dead critter being eaten by a crow (preferred) or other scavenger type critter.

Edit: Dead critter does not have to be on a road.

Last edited:

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Thanks for the info Forza.

Then, moving on .... since it is a "scavenger" hunt ....(and if it's not a repeat)....

Current Challenge: (#814) Your TDI with with a dead critter being eaten by a crow (preferred) or other scavenger type critter.

Edit: Dead critter does not have to be on a road.

I would say repeat.We will give you a rookie pass. The previous challange are page one.

Challenge # 10:... by some roadkill

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
I say its still a good one since he added the being eaten by a Crow requirement.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
More complex than a simple road kill challenge because a bird (or other scavenger) must be feasting on the carcass. :cool:

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Well, if I can't find a crow to eat some roadkill, I guess I know what I'm eating for dinner tonight... :eek:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
This one might just join the archive of unsettled challenges. Road kill is fairly easy to find, but it is is going to be pretty tough to get the crows to hang around long enough to get their picture taken.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
There are plenty of scavenger-type critters out there. Don't let a crow hold you up!

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Current Challenge: (#814) Your TDI with with a dead critter being eaten by a crow (preferred) or other scavenger type critter

I think I can get this, in time. It might have to be done in the morning (feeding time?)

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
I was driving on the highway the other morning and was amazed how every few miles were crows picking at things in the roadway, gutsy little buggers; they were flying away at the last second and back down for more between the traffic. That's why I thought I had a chance. I tried for a couple hours...lots of roadkill, found crows multiple times, even hawks, but couldn't catch them on "film".....it was all very ironic adventure-wise.

Here is a shot anyway, intentionally left in thumbnail form, of a possum being feasted on by flies, even though it is hard to make them out in a still shot. Many of those black spots are the flies.

Should this be acceptable for the win, we can "carrion" :rolleyes:

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
I was driving on the highway the other morning and was amazed how every few miles were crows picking at things in the roadway, gutsy little buggers; they were flying away at the last second and back down for more between the traffic. That's why I thought I had a chance. I tried for a couple hours...lots of roadkill, found crows multiple times, even hawks, but couldn't catch them on "film".....it was all very ironic adventure-wise.

Here is a shot anyway, intentionally left in thumbnail form, of a possum being feasted on by flies, even though it is hard to make them out in a still shot. Many of those black spots are the flies.

Should this be acceptable for the win, we can "carrion" :rolleyes:
I would almost vote no just because of the pun:p, but I would like us to move on from this one.

Please give us another challenge.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
I would almost vote no just because of the pun:p, but I would like us to move on from this one.

Please give us another challenge.
You no like-a my puns? :(

Next Challenge: (#815) Your TDI parked BETWEEN two or more Chevy Corvettes of different generations.

SkeeterMark

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI 6M
Ya, that's good Dozen. Flies are definitely scavengers, and that's definitely a dead animal. I thought someone might go for a chunk of their Angus burger in a restaurant lot and get a shot while a bird picked it up. Anyway, good job. It really wasn't that hard, lol.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
I was gonna say...I thought you did enjoy a bit of word abuse. :rolleyes:

You're hard to get a read on sometimes.....I think this forum needs a "whitedog" emoticon maybe:

;)

Current Challenge: (#815) Your TDI parked BETWEEN two or more Chevy Corvettes of different generations

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
I'll be back driving at the end of the week and I don't go back to work until the middle of June. So watch out then!
You've got a few more days to pass me by Dozenspeed.
Meh...I'm content to let you get all the flack. ;)

I just want to be next to 100, and shrifty isn't being exactly threatening to that happening right now! :p

WEB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA
Way off topic, and not relevant at all, but thought I'd share anyway. I surpassed the buck fifty mark this evening. I know it's not terribly impressive, especially with a TDI, but I'm stoked about it just the same. Excited to join the 200k club someday.

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Way off topic, and not relevant at all, but thought I'd share anyway. I surpassed the buck fifty mark this evening. I know it's not terribly impressive, especially with a TDI, but I'm stoked about it just the same. Excited to join the 200k club someday.
Nice, I'm on my way to 200K as well. Almost at the 160K mark, should hit it by the end of the week. ;)

Current Challenge: (#815) Your TDI parked BETWEEN two or more Chevy Corvettes of different generations

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
I have 300 miles on my new road bike:D

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
Our youngest rig at work hit 200,000 last month and by the end of the year that will be the only one not over 300,000 and two busses will be bumping 600,000 at the end of the year. we actually have one over 600,000 but it's the back-up to the back-up to the back-up bus so it doesn't actually get used.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Our youngest rig at work hit 200,000 last month and by the end of the year that will be the only one not over 300,000 and two busses will be bumping 600,000 at the end of the year. we actually have one over 600,000 but it's the back-up to the back-up to the back-up bus so it doesn't actually get used.

What engines?

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
The young-un is the Sprinter, one Caravan at about 250,000, one Caravan at about 360,000 - both 3.3 L. Two Freestars at about 275,000 with the 3.8 L. The 6.0 is at 330,000 (and finally gets back on the road tomorrow). The 2006 Duramax is at 340,000 and the 2007s are at 527,000 and 548,000. The 7.3 retiree is at 612,000.

We also have the back-up to the back-up with a 5.9 Cummins but it's only had less than 2000 miles since we got it a year ago. It's only at 97,000 so it's not even worth talking about.

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI & Jetta TDI
So the TDI is "between" the brand new red one and the white one behind:

Closeup of thw white to prove it's a different gen:

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI & Jetta TDI
If pics are acceptable then:

Next Challenge (#816): Your TDI with a car with a stick figure family of at least 4 one of which is a cat