Lf rear axle beam bushing installation tool

amacd

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Looking for anyone willing to loan or rent me a rear axle beam bushing removal/installation tool in the GTA-Kingston area .(the type were u can do it on the car) I will pick up and return.

Thanks in advance

Andrew

vwmikey99

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GLK 250 + 2017 Tacoma + 2014 Jetta
I used a long threaded rod and a buttload of huge washers... It probably cost me like $50 bucks at brafasco but it definitely got the job done..

davebugs

Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI Automatic, MKIV rear axle bushing install tools
I've sold them to Canadians. Perhaps someone local will respond.

Rental gets expensive over the border. The rental is here now but a member wants it for 6/22-6/24.

volkswheels

Vendor
TDI
2006.5 Jetta TDI DSG, 2012 GolfHighline TDI DSG
Looking for anyone willing to loan or rent me a rear axle beam bushing removal/installation tool in the GTA-Kingston area .(the type were u can do it on the car) I will pick up and return.

Thanks in advance

Andrew
You can borrow mine, but I am along the St.Lawrence river west of Cornwall, just the other side of God's country, lol.

amacd

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
You can borrow mine, but I am along the St.Lawrence river west of Cornwall, just the other side of God's country, lol.

Thanks for the offer Matt. A little to far to travel.

I did them after work tonight and it wasn't that bad. I just pushed the old ones out with an air chisel and used a hunk of threaded rod and pieces of a ball joint kit for the install.

Andrew

Last edited:

volkswheels

Vendor
TDI
2006.5 Jetta TDI DSG, 2012 GolfHighline TDI DSG
Thanks for the offer Matt. A little to far to travel.

I did them after work tonight and it wasn't that bad. I just pushed the old ones out with an air chisel and used a hunk of threaded rod and pieces of a ball joint kit for the install.

Andrew
Glad it went well :)

Brute strength and ignorance sometimes prevails ! Lol