Out with the old, In with the New-The New Project

SVTWEB

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup-Edition EVO 4-Motion
Well, Kennedy took delivery of the Bora today. He is a happy camper. Now that the Bora is gone it is time to show off the next project car.

Over the next several months I will be converting this 2001 Passat GLX 4-Motion into a Passat 2.5L TDI 6-Speed 4-Motion. With the help of Fred and Lito I hope to Document the entire process here on the TDI Club. As with the Bora, this car will undergo a complete transformation from a US-Spec vehicle to a German SPec Vehicle. There will be extensive upgrades using OEM parts. I am looking forward to the new project.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Congratulations!!! It will be quite an undertaking. I will be watching with much interest over the course of the transformation and look forward to seeing the progress. I don't suppose it will be ready by the 04 Fest will it? I know it will be tough and with your attention to detail, I know you will not cut corners to get it ready, but perhaps a semi-completed car can make an appearance?

Good luck.

THULEWAGEN

TDI
JETTA WAGON 2003 REFLEX SILVER
The black rub strips on the wagon...can i get those for my jetta wagon????
If so, then where?

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Eric, have you scored the powertrain yet? Will it be a 150 or 180? How about putting in a V8 TDI instead? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I get first dibs on buying it if that's the case /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
If Dave isn't happy with the V6 option can I call first option on this one! It couldn't be better! figure give ya a year or two to play with it and i'll be ready for it!!!!!

Very cool eric - Very Cool! Heck 04 Fest? Get it ready for the May 1st Impex GTG!!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SVTWEB

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup-Edition EVO 4-Motion
You both are going to have to fight Lito for this one.

I actually bought 2 Passats, the one pictured, and the one that is coming in 2 2750 lb. crates... A european TDI wagon minus the body.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Eric, does MD have state inspection that will include emissions testing, etc. Will this be an area of concern?

Good luck on the project. I'm sure it will be 110% when complete.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Sorry Meister and Willi, I knew about the project long ago and called dibs on purchasing it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

We'll see if JoAnn's Honda can last that long /images/graemlins/wink.gif

L

TheLongshot

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon '03 Reflex Silver
[ QUOTE ]
We'll see if JoAnn's Honda can last that long

[/ QUOTE ]

Somehow, I think you will get a '05 Passat before then...

Jason

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Yeah, Jason. I think you may be right. You never know just how fast Eric can do something and I've learned never to under estimate his talents or determination.

L

Lord_Verminaard

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 NB TDI
Wow, that will be really cool. If you guys need an extra hand, let me know since I'm in the area. I'd love to see what a passat looks like without a body and in two crates. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brendan

GSXR600

Veteran Member
TDI
NONE
You guys Know if ya need anything Just call me.. Your nearest German Spec Auto store with USPS shipping..LOL /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif