www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery

Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Jetta/Bora/or Vento TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old December 20th, 2018, 19:48   #1
Dwagen
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 51 MPG (140 mile round-trip)
Talking 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI (MK6)

About two months ago, I totaled my 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i so I was looking for a new ride. I test drove a silver 2015 Golf Sportwagen w/120k miles and red 2013 Jetta Sportwagen w/69k miles but was unsatisfied with both. Too much cosmetic damage.

Then I test drove my Candy White 2013 JSW TDI w/68k miles (DSG) and fell absolutely in love with it. The exterior and interior were pretty close to flawless, and it came loaded in options (i.e. panoramic sunroof, push-button start, navigation). Yes, some minor imperfections existed such as minor curb rash and two missing HVAC vent tabs, but I could live with that.

I negotiated the dealer to an out-the-door price of $10,500. I considered myself to have gotten a sweet deal.

Honeymoons don't last forever, you know.

During some pretty heavy rain, I accelerated and water dumped from the ceiling all over me. Apparently the leaking panoramic sunroof is a really common problem on Volkswagens. I took the interior apart, dried up all the water sitting under the carpeting as best as I could, and blew compressed air through the drain tubes. I'm expecting this to be normal maintenance

Anyway, here are some pictures of when I first got it...

Mk4 VW Jetta GLS TDI - 217K miles - REVO Stage 1
Instagram: @lilturbodzl

Malone Stage 2 + DSG Tune

Last edited by Dwagen; December 20th, 2018 at 20:12. Reason: Showing signature
Dwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2018, 08:04   #2
ezshift5
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Please note Fuelly...........

I put 50,000 miles on a 2013 JSW TDI 6M.
I regret your surprise shower.
(and trust your after action (compressed air flush of tubes) obviates another shower.

I recall the wagon's space, fuel economy and TORQUE with great pleasure.

Happy trails,

ez
Old January 3rd, 2019, 16:02   #3
Dwagen
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 51 MPG (140 mile round-trip)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezshift5 View Post
I put 50,000 miles on a 2013 JSW TDI 6M.
I regret your surprise shower.
(and trust your after action (compressed air flush of tubes) obviates another shower.
I recall the wagon's space, fuel economy and TORQUE with great pleasure.
Happy trails,
ez
Nice! Yes, I too love the space, fuel economy, and torque. The Outback mightíve had a little bit more space, but the latter two perks I never had with my Outback.

Thank you!

Mk4 VW Jetta GLS TDI - 217K miles - REVO Stage 1
Instagram: @lilturbodzl

Malone Stage 2 + DSG Tune
Dwagen is offline   Reply With Quote