Sturgeon Bay, WI GTG June 22nd 2013

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
With the weather finally starting to get nicer up here in Northeast Wisconsin, I figure a GTG in June would be great weather wise.

Just like last years GTG I'll need some help to make the GTG a success, so if some people are willing to help setup and do some grilling, that would be great. If people wouldn't mind bringing food or beverages to the GTG to share would be very helpful.

The GTG will start at 9 AM on the 22nd of June.

The location is 203 Keel Ct. in Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235

Our shop is 60x90 and we have a 2 post lift.

I'd prefer that mostly minor work is done at the GTG, unless I approve it. We don't need any extra vehicles left over, otherwise we'll just haul them over to the scrap yard across the street. jk lol

Update: JFettig will be attending the GTG and is willing to load tunes for those interested in a Malone tune, including those with the new Common Rail.:D

A link to last years GTG http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=358038

Look forward to seeing everyone:D

Last edited:

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
I'll pencil it in on my calender. Have to double check a few things, but I'm willing to grill again. Had a good time last fall, even if it was a bit on the cool side. ;)

Kevinski4

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
That's real close to me and I haven't been to a GTG since they were in Fond du Lac at DGD's place. I'll have to check the calendar and see if I can make it. Should be able to do some Malone tunes if anybody wants also.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
I'll pencil it in on my calender. Have to double check a few things, but I'm willing to grill again. Had a good time last fall, even if it was a bit on the cool side. ;)
That would be great if you could grill again.:)

That's real close to me and I haven't been to a GTG since they were in Fond du Lac at DGD's place. I'll have to check the calendar and see if I can make it. Should be able to do some Malone tunes if anybody wants also.
If you or JFettig could make it to load tunes that would draw some more people to the GTG. I'll let you guys discuss if one of you guys can make it or if both of you want to attend.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey Eric, I'll plan on being there! I can bring something to eat.
Great!

Eric - Glad to see you're willing to host a GTG again. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to make it to this one. Hope it's a good turnout and all goes well.
Well that is unfortunate.:( The knowledge you have is outstanding and an asset that will be sorrily missed at the GTG. Hopefully you can make the next one.:cool:

duwem

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI 5 Speed
Will keep an eye on this thread. Car needs rear brake pads/rotors (somone have a tool??) and the door switch fixed. Want to have someone else look at my IQ with my bigger injectors and tell me if they think I should back off a little bit more on the fuel.

if I come, I will bring some sort of desert, my wife rocks at cooking.

white09

TDI
2009 jetta tdi
Hopefully I don't work, would like to come meet some of you!

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Will keep an eye on this thread. Car needs rear brake pads/rotors (somone have a tool??) and the door switch fixed. Want to have someone else look at my IQ with my bigger injectors and tell me if they think I should back off a little bit more on the fuel.

if I come, I will bring some sort of desert, my wife rocks at cooking.
Hope you can make.:)

Hopefully I don't work, would like to come meet some of you!
Hope you can make it too.:)

Hey Eric, I'm planning on making it out there for this.
Great and I'll update the 1st post and mention that you'll be attending and tuning cars for those interested in a Malone tune.:cool:

Volks09Wagen

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI, Manual
I would like to try to come up as well. This weekend i want to do the door county run.

I can bring a side dish to pass in a slow cooker, as long as there is a plug in!

Also.... Anyone have experience with a broken child lock? One of the rear doors the child lock is broke.... So if you inside, you can not get out. Once it warmed up i wanted to check it out...

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
How many people are coming, if you can guess?
To be honest I'm really not sure at this point and time.

I would like to try to come up as well. This weekend i want to do the door county run.

I can bring a side dish to pass in a slow cooker, as long as there is a plug in!

Also.... Anyone have experience with a broken child lock? One of the rear doors the child lock is broke.... So if you inside, you can not get out. Once it warmed up i wanted to check it out...
Hope you can make it to both events.

There shouldn't be a problem finding an outlet to plug in the slow cooker.;)

white09

TDI
2009 jetta tdi
Its either this one or I go to the one down in mke in a couple weeks

mctdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
I'll just have to disappear from SE WI that day. And show-up at the GTG.

Could someone post or PM me the cost for tuning a 2010 Jetta TDI DSG. Thanks

duwem

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI 5 Speed
Anyone coming have experience getting to and troubleshooting falty drivers MK4 door switch?

Would also like to have someone look at my injection quantity.

D_Squared

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf 2D 6M
Hello,

I am a FNG around here but I just bought my car and am looking for reasons to drive long distances. I am not looking for any mods as I am still under factory warranty. If there is a missing item on the menu, let me know and I will try to fill that hole.

Dave

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
It is a no go for me. Have to work on that day. Stinks to high heavens!
That sucks.:(

I'll just have to disappear from SE WI that day. And show-up at the GTG.

Could someone post or PM me the cost for tuning a 2010 Jetta TDI DSG. Thanks
If JFettig hasn't got a hold of you, you could send him a pm to inquire about pricing.

Hello,

I am a FNG around here but I just bought my car and am looking for reasons to drive long distances. I am not looking for any mods as I am still under factory warranty. If there is a missing item on the menu, let me know and I will try to fill that hole.

Dave
If you wouldn't mind bringing some beverages, that would be great. Be it water, soda, lemonade, etc.

mctdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
Anyone coming have experience getting to and troubleshooting falty drivers MK4 door switch?

Would also like to have someone look at my injection quantity.

I can take a look at the door locks. It might be just the contacts need cleaning, as on my Golf.

I also have VAGCOM.

mctdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
Hello,

Dave
FYI Mods can can be things like no horn, horn only on lock, or horn for both remote unlock & lock. Or setting remote to also control the windows up or down.

D_Squared

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf 2D 6M
FYI Mods can can be things like no horn, horn only on lock, or horn for both remote unlock & lock. Or setting remote to also control the windows up or down.
Ok, thanks for the info. I will have to pay attention to see if there is anything I would like to change.