Generic Part # for Pump Head O-ring Seal?

NoSmoke

Veteran Member
TDI
2K2 Golf
I hope someone can help with this. I am trying to Canadian source the ALH fuel injection pump-head o-ring seal in Viton (I know they can be ordered from Dieselgeek but I don't feel like paying the $40 shipping charge to Canada). A while ago I found a web site that showed the generic part number for a Viton o-ring of the correct size but have not been able to re-find it. I'm hoping if I can come up with the part # I will be able to buy it locally.

If anyone happens to know the part number, or where it can be found, would you please post it here.

TIA for any help....:)

NoSmoke

Veteran Member
TDI
2K2 Golf
Thanks for the help beer. Since I posted, I have found a table of "Standard AS568 USA" o-ring sizes:

http://www.marcorubber.com/sizingchart.htm

The closest I found was AS568A-143 which is 61.60 x 2.62 mm. There seems to be no 2.5 mm sizes on the above table although that may be a nominal size. Anyhow bought two of 'em locally (in Viton) and they appear pretty much identical in size to what comes in the Bosch kit. Installed it and no leaks but will have to test it again when the engine is cold (which is when it leaked, and leaked badly, but the leak stopped when the engine warmed).

Edit: Took another look at the sizing chart and the Bosch o-ring compared to the -143. It looks like the -142 may be closer to the Bosch - it is 59.99 x 2.62 mm. However, the -143 seems to be working fine in my pump so maybe the actual size is not that crucial.

Last edited: