Daily RANT thread - Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Touareg TDI
Oh.. Parking stories. I love it when I see the spouse directing the other.. Thats hilarious.

Once saw an old man take 9 Mins to parallel Park his Buick downtown... I was on standby and timed it.

Conversely, I've seen a truck driver back in his 53 footer in a downtown high rise bldg loading dock in 2 shots.. Very impressive.

But one of my favourite "parking lot" related anecdotes.. The ultimate show of arrogance. A former JDS building was purchased by a home builder company. There are 6 parking spots perpendicular to the front of the bldg. The closest one to the door was a handicap spot... Wider than the remaining. Now. Guess what the new owner did? And guess what kind of car he owns?

He "moved" the handy spot over one, away from the bldg turning it into the "2nd" parking spot. He shrunk the size of it. He turned the closest one to the bldg into his "reserved" spot... Just shy the original size of the handicap spot, but still noticeably bigger than the other normal Parking spots...

I have never seen someone do this before. How arrogant. What a Richard.

Oh.. He drives a Porsche.

That annoys the hell out of me also.

Locally in our city a new dentist setup shop on a main road. Of course the first spot in front of his place is his parking spot.

No disability spots and it goes to show that his possessions/wealth is much more important then his customers.

Why am I annoyed? his customer's fund his expensive A5/Range Rover/BMW. He should be parking out back, away from his business to allow his customer's to use the front spots.

Look at how the cars are parked in front of the Range Rover...not even in spots.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/So...!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x3de06ea51a8809f2!6m1!1e1

/rant

CourierGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf(Summer) 2003 Golf(Winter)
Nice.

When I worked at Costco 22 years ago.. we were told to park in a certain area... and it wasn't close to the front doors. Home Depot employees have this rule too.

Frankly... any business should have employees park away from the front. It's just good business practice.

I always cleared my sinuses and throat of phlegm when I walked by my story's Porsche. .. right on his drivers side window. And his audi in the winter.

Ever see a good hoarke bake all day in the sun? You need a scraper.

I know. . Not nice of me.. but seriously.. he deserves every spitball his way.

CourierGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf(Summer) 2003 Golf(Winter)
Spitting on glass is one thing... damaging his paint is another.

Did somebody baloney your car? What did you do to deserve that lol...

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Touareg TDI
Other things that do wonders to automotive finishes when baked in the sun.....bologna, banana peels, pepperoni slices(like off of a pizza), etc.

Every time I see or read banana peel, I always remember last summer when a friend and I were driving to Collingwood. Beautiful day, long stretch of road and as we enter a curve, we see a banana peel placed on the road. It was placed exactly as you would see it in Super Mario Kart.

Can't look at a banana peel the same way anymore

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Spitting on glass is one thing... damaging his paint is another.

Did somebody baloney your car? What did you do to deserve that lol...
They are both done by dip****s. Instead of focusing all this energy on what others do or do not, why not focus this energy on yourself? Maybe you would have gotten further in life. Jealousy is an ugly thing that only holds you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.