Daily RANT thread - Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

2ManyKMfor1Tank

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Some ****ing **hole in a e36 325 today NB 400 around 4:15 or so. Was so far up my ass I couldn't even see his headlights. I'm in the middle lane mind you doing 120km/h just minding my own business. So of course I let off the throttle a bit and make sure there's just not enough room for him to get by.. Guy in the fast lane he was trying to get around (There's traffic, no where to go for our lane weaving hero) figures out what's going on with me and decided to play along. We boxed that guy in from before Mapleview until Essa, lol.
What's the saying? I love it when a plan comes together.
Seriously though, I think it should be a criminal act to follow someone that close. If there was a time I wished shooting someone was legal, its when the guy in the full sized truck is so close to me I can't see his headlights. Kids in the car, if I end up having to slam on my brakes and get rear ended because of this behaviour, I'm not going to be the only one seeing the inside of an ambulance.

OhMagoo

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Jetta, '05 Passat
NB 400 today I was in the car...white Passat TDI working the centre and right lane, in and out. I was in the left lane but as we all know, if you pace yourself right you can hold them where ever you want them. Well , Innisfil Beach to Essa he stayed in the right lane.

>insert massive gratifying grin here<

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI & Jetta TDI
Whew, saw white Passat TDI and started worrying... I was extra nice during the drive today, no pennies at all, had one ready around Teston on the way North.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
This is why I try to get out of the city at around 2-2:30pm.. A few years ago leaving at 3pm would be clear sailing all the way up.. not anymore.

Jlaasf

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI
Was in Toronto last week for school. I can't tell you how many people I saw driving without any lights on at 6 or 7pm on the 401 or other places. If you aren't smart enough to turn even your driving lights on at night, buy a car that does it for you!!

One of my many rants about being in the city for any length of time!

mecne

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Jetta TDI
Was in Toronto last week for school. I can't tell you how many people I saw driving without any lights on at 6 or 7pm on the 401 or other places. If you aren't smart enough to turn even your driving lights on at night, buy a car that does it for you!!

One of my many rants about being in the city for any length of time!
I see this every night now. I leave Oshawa at 5pm usually and see 3 0r 4 cars with only drl on. No back lights what so ever.
Out past the street lights its way worse pitch black raining and come flying up on someone being a left lane Bandit doing 105 km with no rear lights. Evasive action.

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
my brother once put his brakes on for the tail-gaiter behind him and watched, in the rearview mirror, the vein in the middle of his forehead get all huge like.
as for 'boxing in' those offensive drivers...well played sir! well played! better than spitting graham crackers on the guy behind me and having him call the cops on me...cop had a good laugh but the tail gaiter still tailgaited after the cop left.
as for this thread. THANK YOU NIGEL, you are FTW again!

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I see this every night now. I leave Oshawa at 5pm usually and see 3 0r 4 cars with only drl on. No back lights what so ever.
Out past the street lights its way worse pitch black raining and come flying up on someone being a left lane Bandit doing 105 km with no rear lights. Evasive action.
okay, I have asked this before. do cars equipped with DRLs have a sensor that flicks the dash lights on automatically? THAT IS IDIOCY! how the eff are those idiot drivers out there going to know that their taillights aren't on?

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
I blame car manufacturers for the lights not on crap.
Most of the idiots I see are in cars with electro-luminescent dash gauges, you know the ones that only light up when the car is on, if off it's a sea of black. I think that as long as they have lights on the dash they believe all their lights are on.
What pisses me off even more is that this seems to happen on more expensive cars, I see countless Lexuses like this. It should be a rule, elecro-l gauges, Auto headlights and tail lights, don't give a chance to the driver to even turn off auto lights.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
okay, I have asked this before. do cars equipped with DRLs have a sensor that flicks the dash lights on automatically? THAT IS IDIOCY! how the eff are those idiot drivers out there going to know that their taillights aren't on?
I see so many Grand Caravans driving at night time with just their DRL's on it's crazy..

Let's not even mention the idiots that drive around with their highbeams on..

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
NB, 2002, green, Eurotek STG1
It may be only me, other NB drivers could corroborate or not, but since I got the NB I've noticed being cut off more by people wanting in front of me, and more tailgating,just less respect. Possibly an unconscious hatred of Lindsey Lohan, not sure, lol.

Perhaps it is just skewed perspective, being lower in the car, but I don't notice this in the Jetta, and it makes me want to soot someone, but the freakin NB won't soot like the Jetta, lol, nor will it leave them in the same manner. I need mods, dangit, but I spent all my bonus money just buying it!!! :p

Purch

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI 6spd
TOYOTA at its best...my wife's Matrix has all dash lights illuminated at all times, so of course, whenever I get in it and drive, it takes me a few mins to realize my lights aren't on. So used to Das Auto's.

OhMagoo

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Jetta, '05 Passat
Let's not even mention the idiots that drive around with their highbeams on..

mathematicians....high speed equals high beams..
common denominator is alot of Toyota Corolla drivers and a number of Civic drivers

I think the dealers now require testing to purchase certain cars...
BMW purchasers require passing the @$$hole test
Corolla drivers the stupid @$$hole test

Purch

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI 6spd
Had a very nice gentleman in an new A4 so far up my ass he could smell what I had for lunch as I approached Bloomington NB 404 in the right lane, I was doing 110kph. As I went up the hill I let off the gas and slowed down to ~80 while a train of transport trucks passed me in the middle lane, boxing the Audi in. Like another member posted, I could see the veins popping in his forehead and steam blowing out his ears. I moved into the off ramp lane, he fly's passed me and JAMS his brakes on with his finger out the sun roof. I figured he would pull something like that so I had already prepared to avoid him, changed lanes and cruised passed him. Again, on the off ramp he caught up to me swerving in and out of my lane like a complete ***hole. I had kept my cool the entire time, making sure he could see my grin during his antics. I turned right at the red light as he was stopped waiting to turn left, when suddenly a large Half full Timmy's cup landed on the side of his car. Oops. I never allow stupid people to send me into a rage on the road, and this time was no exception, I kept my cool, but I just felt like he deserved a little piece of my
mind, plus his car was too damn clean looking. ;p

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
I've never thrown anything at someone else's car, but that seems like a perfectly acceptable response in my opinion, lol!

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
Since this is a rant thread, how about those people that link to pictures waaaay wider than the nomal size and make you scroll sideways to see the whole thing :D
Format people!

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
You have to be very careful these days with what you do on the roads. Dash cams have become so cheap, there are lots of them in use. I would not want to be filmed throwing something on someone else's car. There could also be collateral damage where an innocent bystander in the wrong place at the wrong time gets hit by something.

I see weavers & bobbers all the time on the highways. I will admit to doing it sometimes myself. Specifically when there are 5 lanes of traffic, the 3 middle lanes are blocked by a convoy of trucks all going the same 105kph governed speed, and some fuddy duddy trying to pass them at 110 in the left lane. I will move right to get around the obstruction. But for the most part I drive with the flow. The aggressive ones I let them do their thing. If I play games with them, they get upset and try to retaliate. Not worth the aggrivation. Besides, if I hold them up, it may save them from shooting themselves in the foot if they might otherwise get caught by the OPP driving dangerously. It doesn't happen often, but the best feeling is seeing the car pulled over a few KM up the highway.

Purch

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI 6spd
You're completely right, Nigel. If the A4 had a dash cam, it would not have seen me doing anything wrong. Before the coffee, I was not doing anything but seemingly minding my own business and avoiding a jackass. As for the tossing of the coffee, unless he had a camera pointed out the sides of his car, he wouldn't have caught anything. But again, you're right, it seems that no matter what you do or where you do it, there's always someone or something watching.

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
double-double or black coffee on clean Audi (white I hope?). well played sir, but if it had been a Planet Bean, I would have finished it.

Purch

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI 6spd
I am incredibly slow at drinking coffee, so a Large is just too much, it was ice cold. The car was black, but a double double coffee still stands out.

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I am incredibly slow at drinking coffee, so a Large is just too much, it was ice cold. The car was black, but a double double coffee still stands out.
agreed! double-double on black or any other colour, black on white car. though please do not pollute. Tim Horton's cup ARE litter!

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
You're completely right, Nigel. If the A4 had a dash cam, it would not have seen me doing anything wrong. Before the coffee, I was not doing anything but seemingly minding my own business and avoiding a jackass. As for the tossing of the coffee, unless he had a camera pointed out the sides of his car, he wouldn't have caught anything. But again, you're right, it seems that no matter what you do or where you do it, there's always someone or something watching.
I wasn't referring to the Audi having a dash cam. Any car following the action might have had a laugh and posted the whole thing on Youtube. The jerk in the Audi and the payback from the 'guy in the Golf'. The title could be Aggressive Audi driver gets 'creamed' by a guy in a Golf. :D

mecne

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Jetta TDI
AS I read further I laugh more ..
My 2007 Chev Uplander affectionately know as "The Gas Guzzer" and needs a bumper sticker that says "I'd rather be driving my TDI" has sensors .. no dash or taillights only DLR through the day .. at dusk full lighting . Switch does allow turning lights only off but not dash and tails .. Emergency brake turns all off while running

You have to be very careful these days with what you do on the roads. Dash cams have become so cheap, there are lots of them in use. I would not want to be filmed throwing something on someone else's car.
Youtube has lots of car cam stuff .. and you can waste countless hours watching ...

I was in Watertown a few weeks ago and pulled up behind a guy on a crotch rocket sports bike that had a camera mounted on his head .. I laughed so hard and had my window down, he turned around to look and I pointed at his helmet .. it was just too dam funny look .. wish I had my phone handy to take a picture ..

I see weavers & bobbers all the time on the highways. I will admit to doing it sometimes myself. Specifically when there are 5 lanes of traffic, the 3 middle lanes are blocked by a convoy of trucks all going the same 105kph governed speed, and some fuddy duddy trying to pass them at 110 in the left lane. I will move right to get around the obstruction. But for the most part I drive with the flow. The aggressive ones I let them do their thing. If I play games with them, they get upset and try to retaliate. Not worth the aggrivation.
Same driving style here .. I use the left lanes for passing only when I have too . to avoid the left land Bandits .. but typically centre lane .. cruise set to 120 .
When I get into the city , my driving style does change a bit I find .. go with the flow and let the in a hurry people get pulled over and if your lucky you get to see it..

auto_tech

Vendor
TDI
SOLD - 2001 Jetta blue; 2016 Jetta 1.4TSI 5spd
I was just perusing this fine thread and noticed most, if not all posts about other drivers have something to do with driving in, around, or near the GTA. Is it that stressful down there? Time to relax a bit, I think.
I do have a question... why can most city drivers not handle any kind of curve in the road? A curve doesn't automatically mean slam on the brakes, does it? This is most apparent to me if I have to travel on the 401 and some small construction zone has shifted the lanes slightly... people seem to have trouble navigating the changes even if they are clearly marked.

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
Speaking of which, can you add back the driving challenge thread to the TDI101 stickies? :D

Cogen Man

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI DSG.
Today I was really pi$$ed at my dealership. I noticed that on my 2011 Golf TDI that the coolant expansion bottle level was about 1" below the minimum line on a stone cold engine. Went to the dealership ready for a fight. To my amazement the parts guy said here. He handed me a half jug of G12 coolant already diluted 50/50. I had to leave mad that I didn't get to fight with them. I feel cheated. :D No visible leaks by the way. Has been this way since new.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.