Wheel fitment question

Jbones

TDI
2013 passat se
Hello, I have a 2013 passat tdi se, with stock 5 spoke 17's. Stock offset I believe is 43mm and 5x112.. My question is, I found a set of 18 OEM
Used Black karthoum wheels, originally for a gti.. Same bolt pattern but offset is 50mm.. Will they clear my calipers and fit properly? I also have a line on some 15mm spacers on craigslist that i can buy if necessary

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
This is the closest I've seen to your specs:
Temporary wheels until my tires show up for the Savannahs:

OEM Golf R Talladega 18" x 7.5", et51 with 13mm and 15mm spacers (225/40 tires).
The good thing about such a large offset is that it's easy to correct with spacers.

Jbones

TDI
2013 passat se
So I bought the rims, but the tires are too small.. Came with 225/40s don't look right so I'm gonna try to put 225/50s or stock size of 235/45.. Any suggestions? I installed wheel spacers so I'm at 35mm offset, I test fit a 225/50 at a tire shop and it didn't rub at full wheel lock but it only had 1/3 inch clearance.. Concered that hitting bumps might cause me to hit metal fender edge do to my new offset and a slightly larger then oem tire height

rotorhead23

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat Highline 6 Spd Manual
Does anyone think 18 inch Goals with a 51 mm offset will be O.K. on my 2014 Passat? I have stock 17's with 43 mm offset. Goals are 7.5 inches wide.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI

RandomGuy

TDI
2014 Passat SE Manual
Very similar fitment question asked/answered here: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5807426-Official-B7-Wheel-Fitment-guide/page12
Plus tons of other setups if you want to compare.
Bumping up another old thread today - looked through that Vortex link but got somewhat overwhelmed.
My (hopefully) simple question is this - on stock suspension, will 18x8, 5x112 bolt pattern VW Karthoum wheels with a 50mm offset fit? If not, what spacers and/or parts would be needed to make them fit on a 2012+ Passat?
Thanks.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Bumping up another old thread today - looked through that Vortex link but got somewhat overwhelmed.
My (hopefully) simple question is this - on stock suspension, will 18x8, 5x112 bolt pattern VW Karthoum wheels with a 50mm offset fit? If not, what spacers and/or parts would be needed to make them fit on a 2012+ Passat?
Thanks.
Google wheel offset calculator... (something like this: https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator)
You can plug in your existing wheel and the new wheel and it'll tell you how much in/out both sides of the wheel will sit. 50mm offset is a decent amount but should clear. I run 19x8.5 et 48s. You'll have 4mm more inner clearance than I had without spacers. I don't think the wheel diameter will make a difference. From there it's just a matter of how flush you want them to sit and space accordingly.

RandomGuy

TDI
2014 Passat SE Manual
Google wheel offset calculator... (something like this: https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator)
You can plug in your existing wheel and the new wheel and it'll tell you how much in/out both sides of the wheel will sit. 50mm offset is a decent amount but should clear. I run 19x8.5 et 48s. You'll have 4mm more inner clearance than I had without spacers. I don't think the wheel diameter will make a difference. From there it's just a matter of how flush you want them to sit and space accordingly.
Thanks! So if I'd have 4MM more than you had with 50MM, theoretically I could also pickup a set of Bathursts (18x7.5 et51), right?

Thanks again for your help!

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Correct - the extra 1mm backspacing is offset by the thinner wheel.. You'd have 10mm more clearance than I did.

That wheel will probably look recessed into the wheel well though since it's fairly narrow. If you plug in your original wheel specs you'll get a better idea. I don't have the factory wheel specs on me at the moment - only my 19" audi wheels to compare.