2014 Passat TDI with Jetta 16 Steel Rims?

ssstw1

TDI
2014 Passat
Brand new owner, love the car, but the tires are about the worst in snow. Looking for a winter setup, can I use 16" steel rims off a jetta on a TDI passat? Will they fit over the disk brakes?

If so, do I need different lug nuts for these wheels?

I found a set of "new" steel rims locally asking only $100...

Thanks in advance...

Scott

Vmwalker

TDI
2013 Passet TDI SEL Premium Reflex/Moonrock
Can't speak to the 16" steel rims but I am using Jetta 16" 5 spoke alloy rims shod with General winter tires on my 2013 TDI Passat. Best of both worlds when using dedicated winter tires. I used the Passat lug nuts with the Jetta alloy rims.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
very close fit, the weights hit my calipers, after I removed the weights they fit perfectly.

ssstw1

TDI
2014 Passat
Thank you for the quick replies... is there a minimum year Jetta that I need wheels from, or will any year fit the Passat?

Thank you again.
Scott

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
Brand new owner, love the car, but the tires are about the worst in snow. Looking for a winter setup, can I use 16" steel rims off a jetta on a TDI passat? Will they fit over the disk brakes?

If so, do I need different lug nuts for these wheels?

I found a set of "new" steel rims locally asking only $100...

Thanks in advance...

Scott
I am running the 16" steelies I bought for my 2010 JSW on the Passat. Just had to get larger tires. All is well and no problems with the fit over the brakes. The wheel weights are on the front I can't speak for Jetta alloys with the weights on the back side.