The 400k mile club!

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige
Thanks, guys. A high percentage of highway miles helps quite a bit on the range (though I used to do a little better - closer to 650 for the warning light).

Of course, that was with stock nozzles and I'm running DLC520s (.205s) these days. Considering I'm not tuned, I can't really complain.

Might be time to consider a tune though, to better optimize for the larger nozzles (Malone's claims of picking up a couple MPG keeps tempting me).

And as OilHammer noted, it is an 01M, though it's technically the 3rd the car's had.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
On my son's '02 Golf yesterday (formerly owned by DK on this forum)

This car has been more than amazing. Don (PO) took great care of it, we bought it at 265K, and for the last 5 years it's been my son's daily driver, road trip car, lumber hauler, and moving van. It spent the last two years in Wisconsin, and is now back in the Berkshires where it (and my son) belongs.

This car has only needed routine maintenance and wear items replaced. And front fenders. It uses a little oil if driven on a lot of short trips, but the head is original so I'm sure the valve guides are worn. But it keeps going. And going.